COYOTE PKITE GUIDELINES & BEACH ETIQUETTE
*Coyote is an EXPERT ONLY KITE LAUNCH AREA
- Pump up in the kite inflation area only (see map)
- Do not enter the launch area until you are suited up, harness on, ready
- Place your kite near the berm (raised ground area), and draw your lines within the grass area (don’t cross the pedestrian path with lines)
- Launch only in the designated launch area as this will greatly reduce our impact on the park beachgoers
- No attaching kite lines across the pedestrian path
- Before launching, double check that your lines are set up correctly and that your equipment is in working order
- Before launching, make sure launching/landing zone and ramp is clear of beachgoers, kites, and windsurfers
- Self launching is discouraged, please ask for assistance
- After launching, keep your kite low and go – move immediately into the water
- Do not fly your kite at 12 o’clock over land – keep it low and go
- Have your board ready to grab, upwind of your launch position, and proceed with caution down the ramp. At high tide, exercise extreme caution, as the ramp can get slippery. In high winds and high tide, consider not going out due to hazards of slippery ramp.
RIGHT OF WAY
- Starboard Tack has right of way (RIGHT HAND FORWARD)
- When on the same tack, downwind sailor has right of way. Right of way does not mean you can veer up or down wind. While passing, MAINTAIN YOUR COURSE!!
- Kites being launched have right of way
- While passing another kiter who is down wind of you, fly your kite high; if you are the down wind kiter, fly your kite low
- Jumpers revoke their right of way. Look before you jump
- Please do not kite directly in front of the launching/landing zone
- KEEP CLEAR OF ALL BEACH GOERS, SWIMMERS, AND WADERS. THEY ALWAYS HAVE RIGHT OF WAY
- Be sure that no one is launching as you come in
- Obtain assistance for landing your kite
- Roll-up your lines immediately after landing and move your kite out of the launching/landing zone
GENERAL GUIDELINES / BEACH ETIQUETTE
- Be helpful to others and take responsibility for public safety
- If you are new the area, ask the locals for a review of the beach etiquette, site, zones, hazards, etc.
- Stay a Minimum of 200 ft. from shore while kiting. Keep at least 2 kite line lengths between yourself, swimmers, waders, and beachgoers
- Please be considerate and mindful of those using this public beach. Help to maintain a great place to enjoy this sport in the future!
- For the safety of beachgoers, it is strongly recommended that you do not walk up the beach with your kite in the air
- Please leave your kite lines rolled up until ready for use
- Please keep unused kites stacked up and clear of the launching zone