sherman traffic

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
kitenaked
Old School
Old School
sherman traffic

Post by kitenaked » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 pm

...lets focus our energy & love toward Kinsley.
Last edited by kitenaked on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_monkey
Regular
Regular

Re: sherman traffic

Post by super_monkey » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:42 am

beatings will continue until morale improves :shock:

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:07 am

kitenaked wrote:Getting busy lately, lots of new faces!

Be respectful.

Venting:

That goes as well for the 18 year old punk ass. You are riding the red kite with black wing tips. I will not let your attitude threaten the safety of our locals and visitors or kiting at Sherman Island.

Be cool.
How did we do this when we all used the lower launch? What we have now seems like a perfect recipe for someone to get hurt at the upper launch. My opinion is that the way we are stacking/parking kites isn't working ideally. I noticed many people setting up closer to the picnic tables which predisposed them to launching nearer it as well. I think there is a safe location on the hill where you can grab the wind, but it is a trade off with getting nearer the tables(err on the side of safety with new comers).

Anyway i'm usually the last person to speak about safety and responsibility, but how things were setup yesterday in terms of launching/landing and parking definitely wasn't good. I think when it is busy on the weekend people should try parking their kite in an area that doesn't occlude the setup / land area in any way. That means that all the kites that were chilling along the north and east portions of the upper launch shouldn't be there... Any ideas on alternate locations? I know there are like a zillion.

Kev

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:27 am

Yah, people could learn to park and stack their kites better for sure.

18 year olds with smart remarks will get Smacked next time!

Most folks are respectful and listen if you tell them nicely.

Yesterday was probably the busiest day besides the 2010 Muff Militia a few weeks back.

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 am

Someones gotta be sheriff. I nominate you Chris

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:46 am

I don't want to be the sheriff, however I will be a deputy.

shermanposse@gmail.com

friggin old guy
Regular
Regular

Post by friggin old guy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:12 am

kind of amazing that the sign seemed to initiate more kite stacking, but how dumb do you have to be to stack your kite so it projects into the middle of the friggin' launch area?

and talk about dumbass crap, I just love the guys that are throwing shit in situations where if they eat it they're going to take somebody out. Oh yeah, and the guys that are throwing shit and making a poor percentage of them out by the island and then totally mucking up the traffic pattern.

Lots of room out there......a little bit of common sense goes a long way but it would be helpful if those that do have it can impart a little wisdom to the dumbasses.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:18 am

When we talk about stacking kites lets get it straight...
Kites should have the bar removed and be pushed up close to each other, in this mannor 10 kites can take the place of one...

Humans are SELFISH!! What I want is for EVERYONE to have a GREAT TIME doing something exciting/thrilling and scary- while NO ONE gets hurt. I dont hang out much at the launch because it pains me to see the struggle with such non-sense.

I don't understand- WE can get along so easy- why does this have to be hard!

Take a moment to look around and breath it in, see the patterns, watch the flow.. If things are disorginazed, straighten them out, then go HAVE A BLAST!
L.M.G.

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:01 am

friggin old guy wrote: Oh yeah, and the guys that are throwing shit and making a poor percentage of them out by the island and then totally mucking up the traffic pattern.
I had no idea we were on our commute to work. I thought i was having fun.

friggin old guy
Regular
Regular

Post by friggin old guy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 am

well duh

Dude if you're not in touch with what I'm talking about, you're probably one of the guys hogging the lane

which may be fun for you at the expense of others

driving a car can be fun too if everybody keeps their head together. The island yesterday kinda looked like I-5 on the day after the 4th