Hi from Canada to all Bay Area riders!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Rogue Wave
Joey
Joey
Hi from Canada to all Bay Area riders!

Post by Rogue Wave » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:09 pm

Hi all

Just checking in to say "hi" from Rogue Wave in Canada. :)

We have quite a few boards in your area already, and are hoping to increase the numbers soon!

Anyone who responds to this message is entitled to a $100 discount on a new board.

Thanks -- (and sorry for the pimp post - I hope no one is offended)

Lee Brittain

www.roguewaveboards.com

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:13 pm

Custom boards are where it's at. Welcome aboard!

Tell us a little bit about your boards, styles, their construction and cost, etc.

Picture lover

Post by Picture lover » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:48 pm

And while you are pimping, lets do it right and use the visual medium - post pictures.

Good winds + waves, Z.

Rogue Wave
Joey
Joey

Post by Rogue Wave » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:53 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Here is a little information about us.

I've been building windsurfers full time for 25 years (2400+ boards), and making kiteboards since 1997. My buddy Jimmy Lewis has been kind enough to allow me to use his outline, rocker templates, and fin shapes -he's a true master of clean lines and shapes. All my boards feature the Dominatrix bottom shape that works so well.

Germany is one country that is eating up many of our boards right now, and we've shipped to Japan, England, Maui, Singapore, as well as all across the US and Canada.

Each board is hand shaped, so if you have a special request, it's easily done -- length, width, rocker, outline, etc is no problem for me to customize. No cookie-cutter computer designs here!

Our boards range in weight from 4 - 5 lbs for average sized boards 120 - 138. We wrap the rails fully top and bottom, so that there is 7 layers of fiberglass on the rails. You can grind down the beach and not worry about sanding the board through to the foam.

I use 6lb density Corecell foam in all my boards and with the resin (Pro-Set), and lamination schedule I use, I have not had a single board break!

Our re-order rate is around 90% -- meaning that for every board we sell to a customer, they either order another of a different size, or gets their friends to buy one. Once you try one, you will be hooked too!

For picture lovers, you can see some if you click on the bottom of our kiteboard page (we are currently re-doing our website, but I hope this works for now)

http://www.roguewaveboards.com/Kiteboards.htm

Bare boards are $750 Canadian, which is currently only $595 US. Complete boards are $895 CAD (and discounts to Bay Area riders are available ;)).

If you have any questions, please e-mail or send me a PM.

Thanks for allowing me to pimp our boards -- one ride on one will convince you that you've made the right choice!

Lee

Rogue Wave
Joey
Joey

Post by Rogue Wave » Tue May 03, 2005 11:12 am

I hope you guys know how lucky you are having wind in the bay just about every single day!

Having people like Bill Hansen commenting on this site once in awhile is cool too!

I used to make windsurfing boards for the Windwing crew back in the day and am doing some kiteboards for Bard now (former sail designer and tester for Bill).

I am happy with the responses (and orders) that I'm getting from the core Bay riders. You guys are the best!

Lee