point emery parking tickets

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
spvone
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by spvone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:31 pm

I was just told by emeryville pd that parking along the side of the road is ticketable. FYI

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: point emery parking tickets

Post by OliverG » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 pm

spvone wrote:I was just told by emeryville pd that parking along the side of the road is ticketable. FYI
Bummer, we've all parked there when needed in the past and no one's ever gotten ticket there...

spvone
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by spvone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Fine examples of protecting and serving. MJ0_

robert-g
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by robert-g » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:59 pm

There were more Kiters there than that place can handle. For the most part every one did really well..
However if a lot of people are rigging do not rig in reverse cause you don't have a choice!
You know who you are (12m best). Wait till you have enough room to rig the standard way..
We all need to step up and self police this spot.
Thank you.

recoprianto
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by recoprianto » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:
spvone wrote:I was just told by emeryville pd that parking along the side of the road is ticketable. FYI
Bummer, we've all parked there when needed in the past and no one's ever gotten ticket there...
Kris and I got a ticket there one time. the cop tore them up when we explained we were kiters and shot the s&*^ with him for awhile.

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey Steven,

Thanks for giving us all the heads-up about that today. Much appreciated. I didn't get a ticket (I moved into the main lot) - do you know if the officer ever came back and issued tickets to the remaining cars?

So how *does* one determine if a place is legal to park or not? It's certainly not posted as "No Parking". I can't really see why those spots wouldn't be a good place for overflow parking. We're all parked well off the road, way off the white line...

Does anyone know anyone within the City of Emeryville who might be able to make a more succinct call on this?

Kirk out

spvone
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by spvone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:00 pm

WindMuch wrote: do you know if the officer ever came back and issued tickets to the remaining cars?
I was there for another hour or so and I never saw her. She said her sergeant told her to ticket all the cars but she didn't want to. Said she was going to come back in 30 minutes. She probably got another call.

On a similar subject, I've been told the only agency that can ticket vehicles in the point emery parking lot is EBRP law enforcement. I can't confirm this of course.

nick_80044
Regular
Regular

Post by nick_80044 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Interesting. I was in the parking lot last week when a police car drove by. I waved him down and asked him about this very issue. His response: "If there are no signs saying you can't do it, I don't see why it would be a problem."

He seemed uncertain about it, though.

spvone
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by spvone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:18 pm

In the recent past CHP and Emeryville PD have both said it's OK to park there.

recoprianto
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by recoprianto » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:19 am

The cop told us if it is not a formal legal parking space, you will be ticketed. He then proceeded to prove it.