How Many Police Assets does it take?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:11 pm

What's brutal is that I have a feeling you don't get to make much on kites either. The $$$ must be in the DVDs. ;)

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:59 pm

4 jet skis andy?

i drink that water.

i DonT wAnT aNY JeTSkIs. (inside)
what was jeff doing when aressited?
were ?
WeRE?.... anDy?
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:19 pm

charlie wrote:4 jet skis andy?

i drink that water.

i DonT wAnT aNY JeTSkIs. (inside)
what was jeff doing when aressited?
were ?
WeRE?.... anDy?
Charlie??? You okay?? Dude maybe you should kite with a snorkle. I think the water is getting to you.
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:20 pm

i got more .
you all want it ? here ?
just down wind is the bird habiat, thats why its not a good idel to lanch or ride down there were you live andy ,it piss off the brids.
now upwind thats differnt habat, crab cove you GUYS ever walk over and read about crab crove?

i got more you all want it ? free speach and all ?
so were do we stop?
4 jet skis shi^ ,lets just let him bring in a jet boat, holds 40 ,drives in 4inchs of water, at 50 mph.......?

now what kids ?
charlie

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:37 pm

charlie, i am sorry, i dont know what you are saying. if you think the 4cycle low emmision skis pollute more than any one of the boats in the marina or the bs boat for that matter, i think you may be mistaken... anyhow...I said what i had to say and we'll see how this turns out soon enough

kitechick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitechick » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:22 am

Ordinance 38

http://www.ebparks.org/district/ord_38/ord_38TOC.htm

Chapter V (the whole 500. section) is about boating and boardsailing (windsurfing), talks about jetskis and boats....

kitechick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitechick » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:03 am

do you guys know how much kite crap jane and rebacca have to put up with?(they teach windsurfing!)
Actually Charlie is right in this point. Jane and Rebecca deserve credit =D> from all of us - and most will certainly agree. They take good care of the beach and the windsurfers and kiteboarders and helped big time to make it much safer especially for kite beginners than it ever was before. =D>

Thank you Jane and Rebecca.

And yes- it is a really hard job to do so. Especially when you encounter the occasional moron who gives you the "F...U"

Now back to Jeff's arrest. Which is the topic of the thread and has - I believe - NOTHING to do with the Jane and Rebecca. They are employees or contracted with Boardsports and as such they have to comply with their employers policies - which are determined by the concession - which is determined by Ordinance 38. ...and force BS/Park staff to call the cops on "illegal teaching".

When I got PASA certified this year I had the choice to teach for either Kiteschool.

I decided finally to teach for KWS - because : As a BS employee I would have the duty to report for example if I believe someone is violating the ordinance ("teaching illegally"). And just principally I would not want to call the cops on any of my kitebuddies unless they are doing something obviously really idiotic and dangerous (Dewey as a former BS employee mentioned he had a problem with that too).

That's why I could not possibly teach for BS - although I really appreciate Jane and Rebecca.

And I am teaching now occasionally (for fun - teaching is BIG fun :P , the $ I make are being donated as long as I have my regular job) for KWS.

So ñ the problem goes back to ordinance 38 and itís enforcement.

What happened that Saturday when Jeff was arrested is still questionable.:
1. The amount of resources applied
2. the ìselectiveî arrest (sailing instructors teach anchoring in the similar locations)
3.) If you read Ordinance 38 it seems almost everybody is doing something illegal all the time ñ but only Jeff is constantly hunted.

dondon

deweyyy charlieee

Post by dondon » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:52 am

awesome to hear you guys, dewey u still trying to learn how to do a back spin, and charlieee what board are you using now, you keep selling your boards to rose

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:58 am

no don don i gave her that last one!
i hope she rides it soon.
L.M.G made me a sick stick last year that is just so fine .....
its all i need.
charlie

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:05 am

Dondon
What's up dude. Back roll/spins no problem, just never do them. I'm looking at different boards now. My LMG has to go to the shop.

Dewey