Breakins at TP

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
nick_80044
Regular
Regular
Re: Breakins at TP

Post by nick_80044 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 pm

What a shame--this is really distressing. In the light of the other break-in recently, I left my credit cards and cash home today. I left the TP shortly before 7 pm today and, ironically, I saw another kiter in his car and a bunch of people on the beach (KGB folks, mostly) and had the thought that today was safe. Obviously not.

As I drove up to the parking lot today, I noticed a pickup truck parked just off the road next to the field leading up to the beach. Anybody know what the people do who park there? Walking a dog, perhaps?

I'm going to start keeping a note pad in my car and jotting down license place numbers before I leave. A video camera, of course, would be the ultimate.

nick_80044
Regular
Regular

Post by nick_80044 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:28 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:This is one things that sucks about kiting. I started riding MTB again and was getting ready to ride and remembered, "Oh, I can bring all these little things with me in my Camelback..."
I have an electronic "smart" key for my car and I always keep it in my wetsuit. I double wrap it in baggies and then put it in a third commercial "waterproof" pouch that I bought at REI. These things can hold license, credit credit cards, etc. However, a word of warning--I have found varying levels of "waterproofing" and if I end up body-dragging a lot, sometimes my key gets a little wet no matter how meticulously I think I sealed the baggies.

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Ya man, sounds fun. I'm looking to pick up some wax tomorrow, I'll come by and get some and let you know when I can get out of work for the build. I'll call you in the afternoon to see if you're at the shop.
rvv wrote:
BTW Stomp...wanna help with the slider build this monday? Or anyone else? _+_+ II&& ))MM XX$$

androka
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by androka » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:50 am

I'm up for some show of force at Toll Plaza. We need to organize, but I'm not sure what to do? Open to suggestions.

NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am

COYBOYS in the Easy Bay... Sorry to hear about the trouble.

NOTE: Take your keys on the WATER! Once these morons figure out they can watch where you "hide" your key they will wait and watch you guys. Good thing is thesse idiots think a kite is a tent and usually steal the $400 board instead of the $1500 kite.

Get a fake police ID badge and stick in on the dashboard!
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

Jeb Mud
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Jeb Mud » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:37 am

Found used syringe on Pt Emery beach yesterday. oo** Just plunger, no needle. Makes me think it is junkies...but there are all sorts of thieves.
If I think I'm going to kite after work I don't take my laptop with me...
Just a reminder to keep eyes open and look after each other even in the parking lot.

NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:53 am

A condom works... for cell phones also, although you may need the magnum for a laptop!
nick_80044 wrote:
BayAreaKite wrote:This is one things that sucks about kiting. I started riding MTB again and was getting ready to ride and remembered, "Oh, I can bring all these little things with me in my Camelback..."
I have an electronic "smart" key for my car and I always keep it in my wetsuit. I double wrap it in baggies and then put it in a third commercial "waterproof" pouch that I bought at REI. These things can hold license, credit credit cards, etc. However, a word of warning--I have found varying levels of "waterproofing" and if I end up body-dragging a lot, sometimes my key gets a little wet no matter how meticulously I think I sealed the baggies.
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Today everyone stepped up and the junkies are recovering ...Let's all keep an eye open from now on. There is a camera at the TP that will catch plate #. OPD is on it as is CHP.
Even saw some dogs>>>CDOG!
Now I have tried the condoms. for water (!) protection..but they just seem to bust when I put my shit inside...any ideas? "; ";
Check out our FB page for TP photos.
Royce V
KGBswag

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 am

Remember: (UNLESS YOU LOVE PAIN)

It's ONLY STUFF, not your life and/or freedom they are taking... Stuff can be replaced but people cannot-
If you even hurt them, you will mostly likely go to jain and then loose your A$$ in court................................
Should you kill them and manage to get away with it....... there are MANY MORE being born EVERY DAY to fill in the gap-

Have fun!!! %$

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Just happened again tonight. 2 guys got all their wallets and keys taken while out kiting! 5pm on Tuesday with a broken window to boot! Man we gotta set up a bait car and catch these theives in the act!
Just heard from the victim that the fishermen also had their car broke into and they saw it from a distance.

It was a SILVER NISSAN. They gave chase on foot but couldn't get him or any plates.
Lets all keep an eye out when we are there for suspicious persons driving a silver nissan and take down some plates or at very least ask them what they are doing there!
Royce V
KGBswag