Is it douchey...

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
SFPete
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Is it douchey...

Post by SFPete » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 pm

to think that people shouldn't leave their kitebags and crap on that little patch of grass at the upper launch at third? It's a prime place to roll up a kite without getting mud all over it and one person can roll and move on, leaving it for the next person. A little mud on a kitebag isn't a problem but a few bags on it and its no use to anyone else.

tomerp
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it douchey...

Post by tomerp » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 pm

and while we are at it, why are there no portable toilets in the parking lot at the golf course :) would be nice to get empty before changing into a wet suit. :mrgreen:

ugh red tape everywhere

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Nope' rig in the luanch zone in ur street clothes
Hang in the parking lot 4 an hour talk n on ur cell phone
get 3or4 kitets getting ready to rig to help u luanch then
dont go....
kite n 2011

behindThePeak
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by behindThePeak » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:52 pm

That's a good idea. I never considered it. I've been leaving my bag there because i want to keep the flats clear for everyone to launch, land, and lay out lines. I wouldn't mind rolling up with less mud though... I could get on board. Which function is more useful?

Sonny
Resident
Resident

Post by Sonny » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:24 pm

tomerp wrote:and while we are at it, why are there no portable toilets in the parking lot at the golf course :) would be nice to get empty before changing into a wet suit. :mrgreen:

ugh red tape everywhere
I'm sure golf course expects golfers to park there and use the restrooms in the club house.
Sonny
3rd AVE Kite Repair
sonny@kite3rd.com
http://www.kite3rd.com

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:27 am

Seems like the use of that parking lot is a temporary thing until the golf club gets annoyed by it or somebody complains. Annoying non-kiters with our hobby is bad policy.

There was a time when that upper launch was pretty clear of bags and setup gear. But then again, golf club parkers make the "main" parking easier for the rest of us. Not sure what's better/worse.

BTW, compare the the golf club parking walk to the traditional one sometime. It barely saves you anything, and there's no sprinkler or portajohn like the above guy mentioned.

super_monkey
Regular
Regular

Post by super_monkey » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:09 am

mud and stitches gives kites character, sort of like scars :)

The111
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by The111 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:59 am

MehYam wrote:BTW, compare the the golf club parking walk to the traditional one sometime. It barely saves you anything, and there's no sprinkler or portajohn like the above guy mentioned.
Yeah, I looked at it on a map once and figured it's not worth it. Maybe a slightly longer walk from below, but you get to park with other kiters, you get to see what sizes people are flying as soon as you step out of your car, and you get to watch the water/kiters while walking up the path. And, if the wind dies and you are forced down to lower launch (or you just want to land there), your car is right there.

And there's a toilet even! :dance:

behindThePeak
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by behindThePeak » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:33 am

So you guys are feeling like you have too many extra parking spaces down there eh? :)

kitet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitet » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:20 am

What's douchey is to grab someone else's pump and not leave it where you found it.

Seriously, it's the second time this season someone grabs my pump at the upper launch while I'm on the water and then doesn't return it back to where they "found" it. I spent 5 minutes looking for my pump this saturday and found it 50 yards away from my bag. I don't care if you use my pump, but please put it back where you found it!