La Ventana

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
K. Cliff
Regular
Regular
La Ventana

Post by K. Cliff » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:21 am

Yeah! Baja Joe's web cam is back up. We leave this weekend and I was wondering if there is anybody willing to take over payments on my wife? I don't think I will want to come home until late spring. She's a good wife, quiet, until ya piss her off and tell her your leaving for Mexico for two weeks! :shock: Sorry should I post this in the classifieds?lol :)

Fassn8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fassn8 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:23 am

Hilarious! Take some photos.

K. Cliff
Regular
Regular

Post by K. Cliff » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Photos!!?? aw man... I can't post photos of my wife here! lol. Ollie ya better delete this thread. It's gone sour too! :). Can anybody give me any last minute advice for LV?

Fassn8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fassn8 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:15 am

Doh! I was really talking about photos of La Ventana :-)

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:56 am

What's your wife's phone number while you're away?
Go bigga'

K. Cliff
Regular
Regular

Post by K. Cliff » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:12 pm

LOL! I think she may have posted on craigslist! Something like "lonely kite widow" Husband left for better bl#w .....sorry I mean wind! Thanks for the laugh, "C"-ya around :) Really I mean no disrespect to any kiters male or female......or my wife for that matter.

bounceback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bounceback » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:41 pm

hey kev - have an awesome trip! you are going to be kiting in bikini weather while we freeze in the igloo that is the bay area this weekend... jealous jealous...

bobbyboom
Regular
Regular

Post by bobbyboom » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Hey Kev, cool hooking up with you guys last week in Alameda to pass on some tips. Looks like the wind has been pretty sweet the last few days there. That rocks! Here's a few extra in case I missed any...

Tips:
- 9pm = Baja midnight/bed time.
- Saturday nights are crazy as the locals get paid, drink like fish and party all night driving up and down the streets and yelling into the wee hours. It's great!
- Shuffle your feet when getting into the water to avoid stingrays. Better yet, dive right into the water and body drag out about 10 feet. it gets deep pretty quickly there.
- The salt content is pretty HIGH so your eyes will be stinging for sure.
- Get an EYE friendly sun screen and wear it.
- You'll definitely need "seaspecs" or some kind of glasses as you ride facing the sun. This is the biggest "bummer" about it as I'm so used to the sun being on my back. Having the sun in the face without glasses is a BIG pain in the butt, especially when the salt content is so SUPER high.
- Gavin (rockin guy) taped a tea bag lining on his glass where his nose would be. As silly as he looked I was following in his footsteps the next day as no matter how much sun screen I put on my nose I looked like Rudolph the Red Nose kiter!
- If you get skunked there are some fun places to Snorkel near by (The bay of the dead is fun! We saw a hammer head shark there!!!).
- Up by Captain Kirks you can launch and do a MEGA downwinder to Baja Joes.
- If you're looking for a lesson while down there the guy at Baja Joes looked like a pretty darn solid rider. I didn't get lessons while down there but I got to watch him and he rocked BIG TIME on his 7m Vegas! WOOT!!!
- $30-35 massages at Baja Joes or Ventana Wind Sports (next door to joes). Great after a long day of riding insanity. Be sure to sign up in advance.
- There are NO kite shops in the area so be sure to bring anything you think you may need. I ALWAYS travel with two bars in case something happens to one. There is a small shop at Joes, but they don't have much of anything useful.
- Oh, and finally, if you like having any "specialty foods" like power bars, you'll want to bring those with you. The local shops don't have much of anything. Expect to lose a few pounds for sure!

I hope this helps. Have a blast my man!

-Bobby

d.b.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by d.b. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:57 am

hey- how can you monitor the wind down there? The Ikite sensor is down for ventana. do you have another source? thanks

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:03 am

Baja Joe's has a beach cam on their website I think.
Go bigga'