Half Moon Bay Kite Cam Movie

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!

Kite Adventures
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Kite Adventures » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:08 pm

That is awesome! Are you excited for non-gusty, warm weather kiting in Brazil? :D

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:14 pm

Man that was beautiful!!
I love watching the spray flying, those cutbacks were SOO smooth!
L.M.G.

S I LOCAL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by S I LOCAL » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:25 pm

all the kite cam videos are soo cool.

Happy New Year! =D>

Blackbird
Regular
Regular

Thanks all

Post by Blackbird » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:18 pm

For the positive feedback. Just sharing the mojo. Stay tuned for some Brazil vids as I'm headed down next week, can't wait.

Happy New Year all.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:23 am

Enjoy Brazil that should be AWESOME!

As far as kiting in Abaco, our wind events have been generally mild, 10-14m stuff. Surf has come up a few times to real levels in the last two months but generally it's been more bump and jump stuff. This season has also been extra wet (this is the dry season) but with mild temps. THe cold fronts have been moving more to our North so wind events have been longer, steadier and less N.E., also the water temp is still running in the trunkable range 75-78degrees. Air is staying in mid 80's with lows to about 70 at night. PERFECT for my Nor/Engish blood that begins to boil over at about 90.
Also more and more kiters have shown up this year to kite Treasure Cay. Perhaps it's due to the additional gabbing of Abaconions on the Cruizer's Net and Abaco Message Boards but I suspect it has more to do with the steady construction growth in/around T.C. and our sport in general, I have not done any advertizing personally. So far no-one (KITER) has pulled any Barney manuver's around our public beach goers so I can honestly say I've been very happy to see the new faces. I know growth spikes are double-edged so I'm prepared to slam the breaks on any misbehavior I come across...

Have a happy new year and good kiting,
L.M.G.