Did you feel it?!?!?!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
Did you feel it?!?!?!

Post by KillaHz » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:36 am

As the season moves from summer to fall, summer butter sessions fade into the memory bank that delivers us a glimmer of hope all winter long. As the season transitions to it's new pattern, good sessions are there to be had but timing and location are key.

I hope everyone scored today but I had one of those days that defines why I kiteboard. Sometimes Kiteboarding isn't just about getting the session. Sometimes it's about getting THE session. Sometimes you just know that on a certain day during a certain window of time, a place you live for will be going off for only the truly faithful. Sometimes you pass on a decent session to watch your bros rip it up because you know that the following day holds the potential for bliss. Sometimes you know that in this quest, you will likely be alone as many don't share your passion or faith for this particular session. Sometimes you go to bed early and wake up before the sun to see what the fog/buoys/swell/temperature/etc... are doing. Sometimes it's all exactly as you expected because you earned this session...you calculted the possiblities, you weighed the risks of the chase and you pulled the trigger (at 10am).

Now fortunately at this time of year, I have a friend who shares my passion for these types of sessions. He was on the same program and as neither of us could keep our lids on any longer I sent him an email jsut minutes before he called me. We arrived at our destination within 30 seconds of eachother coming from totally different sides of the bay...we were meant to get this session.

There was nobody there. It was perfect conditions with steadier wind then I had ever remembered for this spot. We pumped up, gitty and in disbelief that we were about to score this lunch-time session in sweet conditions by ourselves. We rode for 2 hours perfectly powered with great water conditions. The wind began to fade and we came in. Three more kiters were coming down the beach to pump up while we were packing it up. It was over, we had got it. It was enough to send me home in bliss and I just couldn't believe we were the only ones to enjoy such a soulful session.

Today I felt it. Everything came together for a perfect reward. The satisfaction I got from the session was intensly magnified by the fulfilment of the faith and committment I had in achieving this session.

I felt it. And I would trade 20 regular sessions to feel it again.

At this time of year you can waste a lot of time and gas playing the guessing game. Look at archives, look at weather models, check weather reports from many different sources and locations and most importantly, use your nose. You can smell a good North West and it's that time of year.

I wish you all the best of luck in the quest and I hope you all FEEL IT this fall.

Brother Z, thanks for being a part of the quest. It never tastes quite as good without any one to enjoy it with. These are the sessions that leave long-lasting impressions in my soul.

Zeev - "Again???Again?!?!?"

Oh yeah, I felt it!
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:15 am

brake me off some of dat.
Narly1

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Gabe, you beat me too it. Yesterday was sick. Strong gusts, big air, familiar faces, good vibe, Red Bull in my veins and beer and hot tub afterwards. Does life get any better? Man I love this sport!!

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:04 pm

Great story Gabe, THANKS for sharing it with us.
Greg

zgur
Resident
Resident

Oh yesss!!

Post by zgur » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:44 am

Gabe,

Great write up my friend. I read it really slow this morning while sipping my java - savoring every word, hoping it does not end....Your writing skills are admirable and really communicate the stoke well...

As Peter Framptom said "C'mon, let's do it again...Do you feel, feel like I do??"

Good wind + waves, Zeev.