CHEESEBURGER problem!!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:34 am

Simon,
I want to thank you and Best Kite Boarding for your help in this matter. Anything you can do to help alleviate this problem would be greatly appreciated by the Bay Area kiting community as a whole!

Please note: We (well 99%) Bay Kiters consider kiting an "inclusive sport" and work hard to maintain good relations with each other and to show due respect to the non-kiting PUBLIC. We greatly discourage wreckless behavior as it pertains to the public and have in fact established a solid reputation as putting the publics higher good above our own. To the best of my knowledge no one has ever been excluded or expelled from the Bay Area Kite community, instead we attempt to work out problems as they present themselfs. Currently we enjoy good public relations at launch sites around the Bay.
Also I want you to know, I once considered Mark a friend so my intention is not to dampen Marks enthusiasm about kiting but simply to correct the problem.
We all need to accept that we live in a highly populated area and peacefull co-existance with the public is essential to the future of kiting here in the Bay Area. To this end, we are trying to keep public safty priorty #1!
Perhaps you will have better luck getting our intentions across to Mr. Schneeberger.

I will seek more information for your evaluation and incourage others to come forth.
Thanks for your assistance in this matter,
Gregory Boyington aka. L.M.G.

zgur
Resident
Resident

How ironice

Post by zgur » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:50 am

I find this quite ironic...

I have the outmost respect for local rules, and go out of my way to honor those rules. I've kited at Stinson many times, and follow the rules... Don't ride in waves where there are surfers people.....respect beach goers/hangliders - which quite honestly is not an issue, when kiting conditions are good, those people hate the beach....

One day last year, the above mentioned kiter comes down wind to me and reads me the riot act how I'm kiting in the wrong plance and I am going to get everyone banned from Stinson.

Funny how people who throw the biggest stones live in the shiniest glass houses....

Good wind + waves, Z.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 am

L.M.G. wrote:Simon,
I want to thank you and Best Kite Boarding for your help in this matter. Anything you can do to help alleviate this problem would be greatly appreciated by the Bay Area kiting community as a whole!

Please note: We (well 99%) Bay Kiters consider kiting an "inclusive sport" and work hard to maintain good relations with each other and to show due respect to the non-kiting PUBLIC. We greatly discourage wreckless behavior as it pertains to the public and have in fact established a solid reputation as putting the publics higher good above our own. To the best of my knowledge no one has ever been excluded or expelled from the Bay Area Kite community, instead we attempt to work out problems as they present themselfs. Currently we enjoy good public relations at launch sites around the Bay.
Also I want you to know, I once considered Mark a friend so my intention is not to dampen Marks enthusiasm about kiting but simply to correct the problem.
We all need to accept that we live in a highly populated area and peacefull co-existance with the public is essential to the future of kiting here in the Bay Area. To this end, we are trying to keep public safty priorty #1!
Perhaps you will have better luck getting our intentions across to Mr. Schneeberger.

I will seek more information for your evaluation and incourage others to come forth.
Thanks for your assistance in this matter,
Gregory Boyington aka. L.M.G.
Greg and all...Best has dealt with this. We do not want someone representing our company that acts like this repeadedly within the community. As live2Kite is now the Best Kiteboarding Dealer in the Bay Area, I was unaware that Cheesburger was still a rep. Well, he is not anymore. I have never seen any of these acts, however I don't doubt them and he was my first thought when I heard the story about the hang-glider.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Greg and Ray!
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:43 pm

I have been missing the goodies as I was up in the snow with the kids during spring break.....go figure...At any rate, I was there during this incident with the hanglider, and I will vouch for Ray's version. I kinda feel for cheeseburger, as I do not know why he behaves like he does. He has been a bit better on the whole this season compared to last.

However, if you see the guy on the water, watch out....I was plenty pissed last year at rio, when he was cutting guys off that were jumping behind our favorite island. Rio folks know that is kinda set up for port tack jumping, and after the launch, there is not much room downwind. Mark would come in on Starboard, and choke the jumper down to the leeward island yelling 'Starboard Tack'. I thought that was pretty cheesy, and then he goes and yells at my kid Alex, who is twice the kiter, as well as my wife. I will put up with most stuff, but that behavoir was a bit out of bounds...

Bob

AntiJF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by AntiJF » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:30 pm

Good letter, LMG

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:36 pm

wait guys the problem is not solved now! Good that Simon responded that fast but what does it help if he is not a BEST rep any more. Nothing I would say. But we will see. Georg

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:35 pm

Georg makes a good point! Hopefully Mark will change his ways... Bests pulling the plug really doesent do much for our situation, hopefully they will not just wash there hands of the matter...
Personally I dont want to exclude ANY kiters for a number of reasons. First an old saying, "keep your friends close, keep your enimies closer". Tranzlated this means to me its easyer to deal with a person who is on the inside then someone who is an outcast. By pushing people away we simply inlarge our potential for trouble, it's very important to keep kiters working togather. I hope we can make a convert of Mark...
Besides I have more fun kiting WITH other people, I hope you do too!
L.M.G.
BTW: if you happen to see someone with a black ski mask running up behind me with a club, give me some kind of a sign... wink- wink

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:44 pm

BoB i come into the soul patch want n to jump on starboard too.
but i dont yell... and i can bust it on portside also.
charlie

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:58 pm

Greg, we got your back!

grumpy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by grumpy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:19 pm

Maybe you can tell his mommy and daddy that cheeseburger has been a bad boy.