Kiteboarding Mentor/Buddy wanted for Alameda and beyond: $

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
CraigH
Joey
Joey
Kiteboarding Mentor/Buddy wanted for Alameda and beyond: $

Post by CraigH » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi. I'm a new kiteboarder living in Oakland and would like to find a decent kiteboarder who would be willing to mentor/tutor me once or twice a week at Alameda (or 3rd Street once I’m good enough to go there). I've taken three days of lessons, and can stand up and ride in both directions, but that’s about it. I will need help learning to turn, ride upwind, jump, etc.

I’m thinking we could go out riding together, and you could give me advice, and keep an eye on me, but also do some riding yourself. I’d be willing to pay you $75 for each time we go out. How does that sound?

I’m a 44 y/o male in decent physical condition with a long history of water sports, board sports, etc.

As for timing, I’m flexible. Whenever the wind is good. Ideally weekday late afternoon /early evening or anytime on weekends could work.

Call Craig at 510-531-7090 if interested or email crghmltn@yahoo.com. I look forward to speaking with you, and doing some riding together!