Looking for land boarding in Bay Area

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
grahambd
Joey
Joey
Looking for land boarding in Bay Area

Post by grahambd » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:34 am

I picked up a new-to-me landboard a few weeks ago, but the only place that I know to go - Shoreline - has had pretty crummy wind the last two weekends. The coastal wind looks decent today, but I have no idea where I can find space to get rolling.

Any insider knowledge appreciated.

Thanks
Graham

nathaniel_e
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Looking for land boarding in Bay Area

Post by nathaniel_e » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:58 am

OB on low tide, but not sure if it's currently legal. i know it use to not be. could always boost over to the 1 and make a run for it if the situation gets hot

highvoltj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by highvoltj » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Interesting!! Wondered about OB mountain board assualt! I work up in Humboldt alot, and I go to Manila or Clam Beach for my mountain board kiting...miles of open beach, side shore winds...EPIC!! So long as you have someone waiting at the other end...otherwise, a long "walk of shame'" back to the start!
Attachments
Clam Beach.jpg
Clam Beach.jpg (113.93KiB)Viewed 7137 times
Clam beach2.jpg
Clam beach2.jpg (66.22KiB)Viewed 7137 times

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:54 pm

Yes, as far as I know, it is not legal at OB. Which sucks because it would be so much fun with the straight onshore wind...
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

grahambd
Joey
Joey

Post by grahambd » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Turns out the other issue with shoreline kite park is the rocks, which put a 2" tear through my leading edge on Saturday. Serves me right for being so cavalier I guess. Clam beach would be a hike....but maybe I can find a few other good excuses to get up there.
Thanks