Anyone wanna meet up near Coyote Point for trainer kite prac

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
chaasee
Joey
Joey
Anyone wanna meet up near Coyote Point for trainer kite prac

Post by chaasee » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Hey!
I was referred here and am still a huge noob. I would love to start to learn a bit more and get more proactive with my trainer kite. I have a 3m HQ Rush pro V and a 1.5m 2-string kite to play with. It also would be nice to meet people that are also interested in kiteboarding too. I'm pretty reclusive so this is a big step for me lol. I can bring some beers or other drinks as compensation for your time, whatever you prefer.

Its Coyote Point in SF Bay Area. :]

(I have read many resources on the basics and I have used my 1.5m kite a few times)

dwaynej
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone wanna meet up near Coyote Point for trainer kite

Post by dwaynej » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 pm

I owned a trainer kite for more than four years before I started kiting not knowing it was a kiteboarding prerequisite. As such, I say just go fly your kite when the wind blows and learn to do as much as you can with it... I can "box the sky" with my kites.

Most schools I have observed don't spend more than an hour on a trainer kite before moving to LEI's so trainer kite mastery is not going to have much of an impact on your kite skills as you progress with formal kite boarding lessons going forward... You will spend less time on a trainer kite and more time on an LEI during your lesson plan.