Beginner Instruction

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
Walley
Joey
Joey
Beginner Instruction

Post by Walley » Wed May 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a place to get lessons from here in the bay.
Previously I did a beach/water dragging day long lesson, and have been practicing with a training kite. Looks like there are several schools offering lessons in the area. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks,

-Bill

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Re: Beginner Instruction

Post by Yoda » Wed May 18, 2016 7:31 pm

I got schooled at Wind Over Water in Burlingame. I was fortunate to have the famous Jeff Kafka as my personal instructor. He runs a solid outfit!
http://wowkiteboarding.com/kiteboarding-lessons/

If you're open to it, I'd say consider taking a lesson at Sherman Isle with Edge Kiteboarding or Kitopia. Both are reputable outfitters and you can't find a better place for wind, water temps, and vibe. Everyone I know that has taken lessons at Sherman has progressed the fastest due to the amazing conditions and excellent teachers.

seashell
Contributor
Contributor

Post by seashell » Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 pm

I got some great lessons from Boardsports. They teach in Alameda and San Mateo: https://boardsportscalifornia.com/kiteb ... eginner-2/

okclimber
Contributor
Contributor

Post by okclimber » Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 pm

+1 for Kitopia and Edge. I've taken lessons from both outfits, and both were excellent.

Walley
Joey
Joey

Post by Walley » Fri May 20, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks!

I am going to try out Wind Over Water this weekend and hope to get flying soon!

Kitopia and Edge was a bit farther out, WOW was the closest to me. Soon I will have to begin researching gear...

-Bill

Driver
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Driver » Tue May 31, 2016 7:56 pm

Ovi Ride if he's still around. Coyote Point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk