Kite friends

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
kitegirlchristine
Joey
Joey
Re: Kite friends

Post by kitegirlchristine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Anyone wanna go to the Philippines to kite? Thinking about planning a trip : )
Last edited by kitegirlchristine on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArtyomTrityak
Joey
Joey

Post by ArtyomTrityak » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:18 am

Hey there,

i have exactly same situation and looking for someone to kite with.

I took some lessons last summer and would need some advices / launch help from pro :)

Thanks,
Artyom

ThomasSchuldt
Joey
Joey

Post by ThomasSchuldt » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi Artyom,

just bought the whole equipment, got some lessons, and would look forward to training with you.

Feel free to get in touch. 3477491566. FB: Thomy Schuldig

highvoltj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by highvoltj » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:21 am

I am looking forward to the upcoming season, and hope to get more time in the water at Alameda...(Crown Beach) Lately, I have been doing some work in Humboldt County, and have been honing my skill's with my mountain board and 4-7m kite's on the beach...way good fun! I have several kite's and board's now, and an Awesome Previa van for transport to the beach. Hopefully, I can meet up with some other's that are newbie's and get out there in Alameda! self-launching can be precarious, and it would be better to have some other's to kite with.
Have a Great day! XZSD
Jon

kitegirlchristine
Joey
Joey

Post by kitegirlchristine » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:54 am

Anyone going out this weekend in Alameda? Will need a launch! Not sure if Boardsports is open for the season yet. Anyone know?

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:38 pm

You can find kiters there now anytime the wind is around 12 or more
Boardsports was open easter weekend and should be open this weekend too

kitegirlchristine
Joey
Joey

Post by kitegirlchristine » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks for the tip!! I'm glad to hear it was open. I don't have my own pump (gives me an excuse to make friends/double check my lines), I'll definitely be out there. By 12 do you mean mph or knots? Stoked the wind has been ON!

See ya'll out there!

highvoltj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by highvoltj » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:12 pm

I just returned home from working up in Humboldt! I might get out there and get wet as well! KGChristine, I have a couple extra pumps...I will give you one! S*urf

highvoltj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by highvoltj » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello All!! Well the wind is upon us once again, and I went to Alameda today solo, so, not knowing anyone, I didn't want to intrude on anyone's privacy and I am still pretty fresh to the kiting scene,,,,thing's got busy in a hurry and I felt a little too intimidated to "get in the way"...plus, I had to drive over to 3rd and meet up with a Kool Kat to buy another harness...in afternoon traffic...DOH!!! Anyhow, when I go back to Alameda it was pretty crowded...in a nutshell, I am hoping to find other beginner's to meet up with and practice at Alameda...alway's better to have a Buddy! I drive down the hill from Santa Rosa and would even be available to pick up as I have a Previa van with plenty of room...just wondering if there is anyone else in the same situation. My number is 707-529-4363 if interested...my time is flexible as I work for myself and alway's willing to find an excuse to go kiting rather than work! Priorities right???
Thanks
Jon

disastersauce
Joey
Joey

Post by disastersauce » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Safety in numbers!

Recently independent(ish) after a summer of lessons. Looking for kite friends in and around Alameda.

Looking to get out there as often as possible while wind lasts.

MJ
Five Ten Zero. Four Eight Zero. Nine. Seven. Seven. Zero.