4-Line or 5-Line for beginner?

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
CdoG
Old School
Old School
Re: 4-Line or 5-Line for beginner?

Post by CdoG » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:16 am

I'm with jjm on the swivel ....
and would not modify the North ironheart bar at least not until you're comfortable riding.

highvoltj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by highvoltj » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Jjm, I think you are absolutely right!!! The Switch swivel, although nice, would probably be to large and get in the way. I may look for the 2010 or newer "Iron Heart" as it incorporates a swivel...an obvious upgrade...although on the newer bar, the center hole and seat area where the chicken loop bottoms out is larger and more elongated....maybe newer bar is better. Also, thankyou for the heads up on pumping up the kite (6-7 psi?) and also will keep an eye on the valves as time progresses, yet these are brand new, and I have only pumped them up in my yard and let sit for several hours and they are good to go! My 7m Ocean Rodeo is newer and has the 4-line control system and looks alot easier for use, although I know I cant use it on my Rebels. And you are also right...I won't be doing any mad trick's anytime soon, so I will just be 'Aware' as I am learning! It will be way cool to hopefully meet some of you Guy's n Gal's in the scene!!! Such GREAT vibes!!!

Frappes
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Frappes » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:30 pm

I've been flying Rebels for a few years now and have never had a problem with the 5th line. I have inverted the kite before resulting in a flying line twisted around a steering line, but this can happen on 4-line kites as well.

wjb
Resident
Resident

Post by wjb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Yes do not tinker with the stock bar and line setup. The 09's flew fine and the only issue with them was that they could fold up under a heavy load if they were not inflated hard about 8psi. Other then that, you would not notice a huge difference flying that kite or a newer one.
It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. T.S.Eliot

ozreiuosn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ozreiuosn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:59 am

its like crunchy peanut butter vs creamy peanut butter

windows vs mac

It boils down to this for me ..

the fewer amount of parts/components, the fewer chances something can break, or need replacing.

highvoltj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by highvoltj » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Copy That!!! Will heed the Wisdom of the Wise and just let it Fly!!! Thankyou for sharing the Pearl's!!! XZSD S*urf XZSD