Caribbean kiteboarding

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
sailorgirl1954
Joey
Joey
Caribbean kiteboarding

Post by sailorgirl1954 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:55 am

Just back from 4 months kiting off my 44 ft catamaran & high speed RIB - DR,TCI,PR,BVI, unreal, 20knots, 80°H20 no rules, no restrictions, no attitude. Absolute freedom, Isolated islets shallow 20mi banks, reef waves, glass clear,cerulean water isolated but close. Interested ? FYI 62yo uscg100ton master mariner, pam

Rakky
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Caribbean kiteboarding

Post by Rakky » Sat May 14, 2016 5:39 pm

wow. sounds fun. Is your aim to sail to fun places to kite and water sports, or is this just a few months of the year?
How many cabins and how many guests can the boat handle?
Thanks

sailorgirl1954
Joey
Joey

Post by sailorgirl1954 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Thinking of taking experienced kiters out to these ISOLA is our winter home so only close friends aboard. am able to have a flotilla of several bareboat cats whereby there would be boats to sleep on,.with my cat as a platform she is 24 ft wide and can chase errant souls in our RIB which goes 30k, downwinders or just off pristine beaches. Have a foil for next season have all size kites, cab, airush NORTH, litnium 3 boards at least, idea is to offer a platform for experienced kiters, especially foilboarders must be independent and self launch a must no help out there. And of course my husband and I prepare quite fantastic food, so working on the idea. Boat also could be avail for photoshoots, advert etc, just to share the love of this sport I am addicted to. Am able to source rental gear etc, very exp to fly boards around, they are onto the "golf bag " trick, NEVER say itis a kiteboard, say piece of art or something.
have lots of pix of this advanture. did not correct, plz forgive pam

windrider99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by windrider99 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:24 am

Cool, I used to own a Leopard 42 foot cat in the Eastern Caribbean, sailed often between BVI and Grenada. Would love to charter and join a flotilla like yours and kite all the Caribbean spots.