Slingshot Hotline

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
shymac
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by shymac » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Hey i thought i was rider Hotline! HAHAHA

Have at it. THANKS CIV, batman is sick, but maybe next time use the HULK.

adamT
Regular
Regular

Post by adamT » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:27 pm

I have a turbo2. The pigtails are pretty frayed. They actually kind of started out that way, but now I am starting to get a little worried (got kite last yr June).. any comments?

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:41 am

I had the same issues with my SlingShot pigtails as well. That was one of the complains that I have with my quiver, the pigtails looks weak. You can easily make your own pigtails if you want to be sure, grab some lines at West Marine and fashion them on your own. That's what I did. The ones that I made looks like they will last longer. Or, order a new set at the SlingShot website.

adamT said:

I have a turbo2. The pigtails are pretty frayed. They actually kind of started out that way, but now I am starting to get a little worried (got kite last yr June).. any comments?

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Dude,
Your kidding right!
Complaining about worn out gear!!
L.M.G. :-o

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 pm

When I had my turbo diesels last year they came with so many extra pigtails i was set for a lifetime.

Answer to your concern, as well as anyone who has the concern of worn gear, it's a real simple answer-replace it. The only reason to ride it is because you are waiting to receive your new one. Dave will hook you up, local shops have these things. Its $5 worth of parts that can save a nightmare. One really nice thing about slingshot is they treat you like your at the olive garden-like family :)

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:23 pm

I was hoping this thread got bumped to talk about copyright infringment.

adamT
Regular
Regular

Post by adamT » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:25 pm

L.M.G. wrote:Dude,
Your kidding right!
Complaining about worn out gear!!
L.M.G. :-o
No... The pigtails started out frayed...Since then they have gotten a little worse, but not that much different from when they were new. I haven't even had the kite for a year. Plus I have had some bad luck with this kite... The center strut blew after only 1 month of use, and it blew in mid air (and not over inflated)... It seemed like forever to get it back.. About 3 - 4 weeks...

I really like the kite, but am nervous about buying more sizes because of my experiences....

I was kind of hoping to hear something like... "ya there was a batch of pigtails that went out that seemed to fray easily blah blah blah.. "
or
"You dumbass pigtails only last 3 months.. you have to replace them every 3 months... " :)
of course I can make new ones or order new ones. I was just wanted to get the rep.s take on this.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:29 pm

The pigtails aren't frayed. I have a 7 Link that has the same "problem", except it's not a problem. If you look really closely at them you will see that the "fraying" is actually a result of the way that SS fuses the pigtail ends back into the pigtail material. Some of the material ends up fuzzing out a bit, but there's no weakness there at all -- pretty much the opposite.
Don't sweat it.

However, if you start to see this same fuzz developing on your chickenloop, replace it immediately. The CL can go from just slightly frayed to broken in just a few tacks on a windy day, and I'm speaking from experience...
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Ding ding ding ding!!!!!! Paul is OLD SCHOOL!

flashing lights here

welcome to the old school players club my friend, we knew you could do it. next thing you know we will be hosting SNL.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:01 pm

What's the next level: Jedi Knight? Or do they just delete the "school" and keep the first part. :P
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.