DISCOUNT Indoor Skydiving

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
spork
Contributor
Contributor
DISCOUNT Indoor Skydiving

Post by spork » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 am

I've been hitting the indoor skydiving place in Union City for the past few weeks with my wife and friends. They've now offered me a deal to buy block time at a significant discount. If you're interested please contact me for details. I'm hoping to get enough interest to buy the block.

Check it out here: http://iflysfbay.com/index.php

Thanks

Rick Cavallaro
650-961-5735

bhsu24
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bhsu24 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:12 am

ive been wanting to go check it out. when would u block the time?

Bryan
Bryan

spork
Contributor
Contributor

Post by spork » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:02 pm

We would buy 10 hours and use it in half hour or one hour chunks over the next two months. I typically use 10 minutes in a given session. The normal rotation is to have a small group of people that each do 2 minute flights several times over.

I've been loving it, and would love to get a group together so we can bring the price down.

Let me know how much time you might be in for so I can see if we're getting to that mark. Thanks.

lacasaverde
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lacasaverde » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:08 pm

That's sweet! I could be talked in to doing that. Keep me posted as to opportunities to give it a try. I'm a never-ever, but it might just be a one-shot deal. Union City is a bit of "haul" at $3.50/gal!
It ain't easy being greene.

mayhem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mayhem » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Hey Rick, how's it going! Sounds interesting. We haven't tried it yet so I would imagine we would need to take the beginner course first? I'm assuming that would be about 1.5 hours? Let me know what kinda deal you can get.

Thanks,

May

spork
Contributor
Contributor

Post by spork » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:45 pm

May, they've already sent me a contract for the deal. To make a long story short, it's $11.00/minute. Without the bulk deal, it's $17 to $20 per minute (depending on how many minutes you buy). Monica and I typically each do 10 minutes every saturday. So we plan to buy 2 hours out of the block of 10 we need for the bulk deal. We would each continue to do 10 minutes once a week, for the next 6 weeks. If we got the interest, we'd buy another block when that ran out.

For complete beginners there's a one time $15 fee for the intro course. This is true with or without the bulk discount. There's no minimum or maximum amount you'd need to do as a beginner or an expert. However, I'm trying to sell blocks in increments no smaller than 10 minutes. In a perfect world I'd get 10 people to each buy one hour (to use over the next couple of months).

Please let me know if you would potentially be interested. If I get enough people for the block purchase I'll confirm with them and then buy it.

Hope to see you at 3rd REAL soon.

Rick C.