Snowkite Demo @ Kirkwood

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
Yoda
Resident
Resident
Snowkite Demo @ Kirkwood

Post by Yoda » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:16 am

FREE snowkite intro and demo at Kirkwood this weekend.

Check here for details: www.telefair.com

With very little snow currently in the Sierra, I can't imagine there would be a demo... Kirkwood does not allow snowkites on their property, so it would require driving down to Hope Valley 20 minutes away for any type of demo location. Currently Hope Valley is bare.

Unfortunately this event is too early for CA conditions to be successful, but for those looking to get into snowkiting, this is a good opportunity to get all the details and ask questions to get yourself prepared for this season.

mayhem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mayhem » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:59 am

Is it possible for them to reschedule to next weekend? I'm hoping after this week there will be snow at Hope Valley? We can hope right?

mayhem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mayhem » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:00 pm

Is it possible for them to reschedule to next weekend? I'm hoping after this week there will be snow at Hope Valley? We can hope right?

tms1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tms1 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:05 am

Ozone will be rescheduling, no worries. There is still not enough snow up here to ski, let alone kite. All the Meadows, Hope and Mt Rose are totally wind blown and still have lots of veg, branches and rocks showing and sticking up through the snow.
I was up at MT Rose Meadows yesterday and just turned around, not even enough to get out there and just fly the kite for fun!

On another note, we have all the new Ozone Access kites and Mystic Snowkiting harnesses in stock if anybody is gearing up for the season. www.tahoemountainsports.com

david
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by david » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 pm

How is the snow up there now, better? Are you doing a demo this weekend? next?

tms1
Contributor
Contributor

nothing scheduled

Post by tms1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:55 pm

nothing scheduled with Ozone. It rained the past 2 days up to about 8500 ft and now the temps are in the 20s. Needless to say, whatever snow there was, is barely still around and we now have a nice layer of thick ice to deal with too.
not a good start to this winter!
Hopefully we will be snowkiting into June though!

will let you know when the demo gets rescheduled.