Battle

Local weather resources and topics.
Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:37 am

Rich,
Ikite says blowing 19 right now, even though it's still cloudy. I don't get it, but the graph looks steady as anything.

Hope it holds until tomorrow. Have fun tonight, guys.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:10 pm

Pablito,

I agree, Don't know what's going on.

Here in Sacto. I would actually call it a "COOL " Summer day (under 100)

I just called the windtalker and it says 7 to 14 and avrg west @ 11 so I still hold to my stand that it probably isn't worth the $30 gas to drive round trip.

It appears that the monsoonal cloud cover is doing this...

Hope it gets better, I am still banking on earlier predictions that it will start to blow Friday and be good on Sat. through Sunday only to heat up and die early next week....

Time will tell..
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:56 am

Not Bad, Not Bad....

I still say Friday into SAT.

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 245 AM PDT THU AUG 24 2006 ...

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON PDT TODAY THROUGH THIS EVENING... .

TODAY...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. .

TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT OVERNIGHT. .

FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. .

FRI NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING TO 10 TO 20 KT OVERNIGHT. .

SAT...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. .

SUN AND ...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING.
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:52 am

What can you tell me about the wind under the east tower of the Bay Bridge say about 5:40 Fri night.... will that be a good time to go rafting?
Greg

zgur
Resident
Resident

Rafting report

Post by zgur » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:32 am

Limmy,

Brother, great to see you the other day at SI. Wish we had a bit more time to chat - I was on little kid duty.....

Yes, Fri afternoon will be a great time to go rafting. Don't forget your cooler with beers attached to the raft. Don't forget to give Mohammed a call, he was telling me about checking out some pilings for a special project ;-)

Z.

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:32 am

"ATOM" Baum forcasts are only good for Sherman Island (and they really arn't that good at all)

Let's just see if it blows Friday afternoon into a good Sat.... then I will hold my head up high...

Actually after looking at the news this morning I did not think it would blow this weekend as they are calling for high pressure to come in late Friday, but after looking at this mornings 2:30 am Marine forcast I will still go with my prediction.

I do worry though that the 30 KT wind they are calling for on Sat. might not make it to Sherman but will be windy closer to the Bay.
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:41 am

OK here is the 8:30 Marine forcast, still looks good :)

Pressure is currently .05 diff, not too good

Wind Talker is 7 to 19 with an avr of 13 from the west, not too good

Fog looks really good

And here is the discussion (after the Marine forcast)

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 831 AM PDT THU AUG 24 2006 ...

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING... .

TODAY...W 15 TO 25 KT...WITH 30 KT GUSTS IN THE AFTERNOON. .

TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT OVERNIGHT. .

FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. .

FRI NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING TO 10 TO 20 KT OVERNIGHT. .

SAT...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. .

SUN AND ...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING.

.DISCUSSION...A LOT LESS STRATUS IS ALONG THE COAST...PER LATEST SATELLITE VIEWS. A STRONG NORTH-TO-SOUTH SURFACE PRESSURE GRADIENT... 4.5 MB FROM ACV-SFO LAST HOUR...HAS KEPT LOW CLOUDS FROM PUSHING THROUGH THE GOLDEN GATE AND INTO THE BAY AREA DESPITE A MODERATE 2.2 MB ONSHORE GRADIENT FROM SFO TO SAC. THE MONTEREY BAY AND SALINAS VALLEY ARE UNDER A LOW CLOUD DECK...HOWEVER...AND THE FORT ORD PROFILER INDICATES THAT THE MARINE LAYER DEPTH HAS RAMPED UP TO ABOUT 1200 FEET. SLIGHTLY COOLER TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TODAY AND FRIDAY ACROSS THE DISTRICT AS A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE REMAINS OVER THE WEST. THE THROUGH IS PROGGED TO MOVE EASTWARD BY THE WEEKEND FOR SLIGHTLY WARMER HIGHS UNDER AN UPPER RIDGE. THIS RIDGE IS FORECAST TO STAY OVER THE WESTERN STATES THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. BY TUESDAY... HOWEVER...AN UPPER TROUGH DIGGING SOUTHWARD FROM THE GULF OF ALASKA WILL BRING COOLER TEMPS TO THE AREA ONCE AGAIN. THE DEGREE OF COOLING DEPENDS ON THE STRENGTH OF THE TROUGH...BUT THERE IS GOOD AGREEMENT AMONGST THE MEDIUM RANGE MODEL SOLUTIONS REGARDING PLACEMENT AND TIMING OF THIS TROUGH...ALTHOUGH THE 00Z GFS STILL FEATURES THE DEEPEST TROUGH SOLUTION AMONGST THEM. BASED FORECAST MORE ON ECMWF SOLUTION OF LESS DRAMATIC COOLING BY WEDNESDAY. ZONES ARE MORE BROADBRUSHED BUT GRIDS AND TABULAR FORECAST PRODUCTS REFLECT COOLER TEMPS BY THE END OF THE FORECAST PERIOD.
Rich "ATOM" Baum

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:44 am

boy that is, alot of talk...
seems to me that its windy now
in the bay
i think iam gonna go out in the middle again today
but alameda may get some too so.....
Narly1

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:17 pm

Narly 1, you got that correct....

It's all a lot of talk and in reality, only the man up stairs knows if it will blow or not..

12:15 - windtalker - 9 to 14 holding at 11mph :(

Go get you some and tell us how it was...
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:40 pm

OH CRAP !!!

I might have to eat crow... check out the marine forcast... :(

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 821 PM PDT THU AUG 24 2006 ...

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PDT THIS EVENING... .

TONIGHT...SW WINDS 15 TO 30 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 OVERNIGHT. .

FRI...SW WINDS 10 KT. .

FRI NIGHT...SW WINDS 10 KT. .

SAT...SW WINDS 5 KT...INCREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. .

SAT NIGHT...SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. .

SUN...SW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. .

MON AND TUE...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT.

As my grandpa would say Oy vay..... not too good looking for the weekend... Well I guess we will just see...
Rich "ATOM" Baum