No More Excuses

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
ozreiuosn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
No More Excuses

Post by ozreiuosn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Hey everyone, oh boy its been forever since I logged in.

``quick and dirty then the long version after``

I'm looking for gear. I accidentally took 2019 off and subsequently lost a ton of weight. I've been using the fact that my old gear doesn't fit me as an excuse to not go out.

I think I can still get some more time out of my harness, but I def need a new wetsuit. Anyone got a full body 4/3 (or thicker) womens wetsuit in like a M/L that they aren't using? If you do also have a harness, I can go with a S/M. Also on the wishlist, booties. There's a chance I could get into a few men's M's maybe?

``LONG STORY``

I already posted on the ladies FB group asking for stuff a few weeks ago, but no reply. I have no shame in asking for used gear, I'm broke AF (thanks new car) and its better for the environment to re-use things. Yes, even if its a wetsuit, I don't give a crap. I'm old enough to know better that a used wetsuit isn't going to kill me.

I've lost about 60lbs, its fucking trippy. For the 1-2 times I did get out last year, my kites definitely rode larger. So that's cool, I don't have to buy bigger kites. (what's extra trippy, is that when I started my new found water hobbie back in 2006 (hi jane, hi rebecca xoxox), I was 100lbs heavier than I am now.) One memory me and and the girls always recall was when I first started windsurfing, I had to email and ask "hey I'm a big girl, are you sure you have wetsuits big enough for me?" they reassured me they did and the rest is history. But wow, and here I am now looking for a smaller suit.

I was also using my strict sleep schedule as an excuse to not go out. Oi, saying that when I go kitesurf I end up getting back home too late to get my shit done before bed. It's about time I start kiting Crissy (maybe?) Also having a busted car last year was another reason I was 'meh' but now I got a fancy new car (with no kitesurfing sticker now {}[] {}[] ) I can go places now.

Anyways thanks!

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No More Excuses

Post by jjm » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm going to be collecting gear to upcycle at the Crissy Swap again this year (April 4th). Anything that was "usable" I was sending down to rerip.org but want to try and keep things local this year. If I get anything that fits I'll send you a note. Last year there were a few suits that still had some life in them, at least as Sherman suits.

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:58 pm

Glad you have a car and and hope to see you out at the beach soon. Check out the Swap meet at Crissy in April and I believe this is also another one up in San Rafael coming up soon too. always super good deals on stuff at those.
Erin
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:30 am

Jesus, I haven't logged in here in forever.
I have a couple of wetsuits F-One Manera that are getting old (1 is 4 years old, the other 1 is 3 years old).
You're welcome to both of them if you're still interested. The 4yo one is a 4/3 magma, the 3yo is a 5/4 X10D.
email me at vincentfnicolas@gmail.com
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D