Oh no

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
sloughslut
Resident
Resident
Oh no

Post by sloughslut » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:03 pm

images.jpg
images.jpg (8.13KiB)Viewed 2900 times
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

le noun
Old School
Old School

Re: Oh no

Post by le noun » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:07 am

Lo)%
Then someone is gonna come along and say: "look! it's even easier if you use a metal mast to hold the wing to the board! I'm gonna call this windfoiling!"

And then another guy shows up and say: "even better! If you take the foil out and keep the wing and the mast you can go in the surf with it! I'm gonna call it windsurfing!"

Life is nothing more than and endless cycle...

Lo)%
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:17 am

Give it a chance. It might be a useful tool for beginners to understand how wind works, so we avoid incidents below (see pic) from happening on a regular basis. Say, ..., they could use the wing with a standard paddleboard and play with it to understand wind conditions instead of launching a kite directly into a tree.

I think this happened middle of last week. I have not been to Alameda, I was greeted with this scene on my way to my regular launch spot downwind. Thank goodness it was taken down later that day.
KiteInTree.2.png
KiteInTree.2.png (753.46KiB)Viewed 2547 times

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:16 pm

le noun wrote:And then another guy shows up and say: "even better! If you take the foil out and keep the wing and the mast you can go in the surf with it! I'm gonna call it windsurfing!"
And ten years later two French dudes will come along and say "replace the mast with some strings, and can surf while thing flies in air! Nous sommes appelle Ben Franklinsurfing!"