Sherman Island Law Enforcement

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
tomf82
Contributor
Contributor
Sherman Island Law Enforcement

Post by tomf82 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:57 am

Sacramento County Parks LEO's have been cracking down on usage fee compliance . On Wednesday one officer thought he was going to run out of tickets. They are back again this morning. I believe each ticket is $59. Be legit or pay the price!

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Re: Sherman Island Law Enforcement

Post by Yoda » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:41 am

There's some chatter about this on FB, so I thought I'd share this info here. These are some of the other offenses that they were issuing tickets for...

Camping rules: No overnight camping in boat launch parking lot.
http://www.regionalparks.saccounty.net/ ... sland.aspx
Alcohol rules: Canned beer only! No glass bottles are allowed.
http://www.regionalparks.saccounty.net/ ... cohol.aspx

Here are the county park ordinances for those interested:
http://www.regionalparks.saccounty.net/ ... nances.pdf

mbzporvida
Regular
Regular

Post by mbzporvida » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Good work Yoda !

All of the Bay Area entitled hipsters need a place to park the ZipCars they car pooled in.
Another trip around the sun ?

Tony Soprano
Resident
Resident

Post by Tony Soprano » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:23 am

Here is the RVWA-SIKO FB message.

What you may not know is just how many folks are working for free behind the scene to ensure our access to the river is continued. Folks including myself regularly attend meetings with the RD, the DWR, and the DF&W just to be able to maintain our access. Without them the Sign, Little Baja, Kiter island, and the Access pit would all be shut down two years ago. There would be no RVGS and no voice to the agencies. We are still working with the DWR to reclaim Little Baja after the fish dumps (a total boondoggle) and the levee improvements are completed. Check out our annual newsletter.

The parking/ camping scene at the boat ramp was bound to come to a head when fisherman are not able to launch their boats. Lower Sherman Island Wildlife Area is a dedicated hunting and fishing area protected by State Statues. For more infor https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/…/Place…/Lo ... -Island-WA The county park and all of the amazing kiters, and windsurfers are guests.

I agree that it is also a world class Kiting and Windsurfing destination worth fighting for. Lets find out the facts, organize, and present a comprehensive plan moving forward. Bob and Mina along with Ludi and others have been maintaining the peace at the County Park- they deserve a lot of credit and we need to support them going forward.

Don Ross
RVWA-SIKO
President

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:31 am

Sherman needs spothero _>:<
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

Tony Soprano
Resident
Resident

Post by Tony Soprano » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:25 pm

From RVWA_SIKO president Don Ross taken from Face book S I K O page.

I had a long talk with the rangers. When the get no calls they look the other way. However, when they get calls- they will enforce the rules. They did say that they do not intend to stop folks from camping in the parking lot but did mention a rule of 14 days camping and 30days offsite.

Key take ways-don't park in boat trailer spots, keep dogs on leash, pay your fees, and drink your beer in a can.

ozreiuosn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ozreiuosn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Tony Soprano wrote:
Key take ways-don't park in boat trailer spots, keep dogs on leash, pay your fees, and drink your beer in a can.
2 weekends ago, I circled around the lot a few times, seeing several legit car (not trailer) parking spots being used as a porch/living room/tailgate set up with chairs, etc. But no one actually hanging out there/sitting/chilling.

Please be a little more considerate with this. I made the mistake of turning around outside the park and when I came back they closed the lot and I had to wait an hour before I got back in.

But that being said, I'm already burnt out. You probably won't see up there anymore anyways. Do whatever you want. If you wanted to turn people off from Sherman, its working.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Where is the VIP covered parking at Sherman?

cleepa
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by cleepa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:03 pm

pipedragon wrote:Where is the VIP covered parking at Sherman?
Do you not have the app? It's called Entitled AF. It also allows you to report families that should know better than to swim at the beach you wish to launch from, complain about fishermen and even report other kiters who don't have the app for getting in your way while you practice crappy backrolls in the launch zone. It's by the hottest new startup: Douchely.

NorCalNomad
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by NorCalNomad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Lo)% Lo)% Lo)%
Listing gear is bad, and you should feel bad.