Motion Slickness - spring kiting in the bay area

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Yoda
Resident
Resident
Re: Motion Slickness - spring kiting in the bay area

Post by Yoda » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:58 am

dealbst wrote:There's a ton of killer places like that up in the Delta, but you usually need a boat to get to them. SS$$
I recently had the pleasure of kiting at a new spot in the Delta that reminded me of the big HR swell. The river swell the day I went was hovering around head high with the occasional head+ swells every once in a while. That day was a actually medium swell day according to the fellas that took me there. I can't imagine it bigger, but if so, it would rival if not exceed what they have in HR (except maybe Rufus). The nice thing is it's accessible by foot, but it's a solid 15 minute walk from where you park to where you rig. The rigging area is awful (needs some cleaning) but it's right next to the water and there's no obstacles to contend with. This spot was the first spot since my experience at HR where you could completely depower your kite and truly surf the waves. Amazing!!!

Edit: I just realized that you guys may be talking about flat water spots. I saw the thread change towards non-flat water which prompted me to share my thoughts. Sorry to get off topic a bit.

Cali_Rider
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cali_Rider » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:20 pm

le noun wrote:
irvinside wrote:Wow = nice :)

I see 3rd, what is the other spot ?

Cheers,
Greg
Secret spot where you might grow a third nipple from the water quality. Lo)%

Sooo, who do I have to fight to get in the club?

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:19 am

Cali_Rider wrote:
le noun wrote:
irvinside wrote:Wow = nice :)

I see 3rd, what is the other spot ?

Cheers,
Greg
Secret spot where you might grow a third nipple from the water quality. Lo)%

Sooo, who do I have to fight to get in the club?
Lol. Nobody. Just read this forum and look at Google map. There are some ponds south of third ave. Like A7. Water quality is not so great, but flat water you get!
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

Cali_Rider
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cali_Rider » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:31 pm

le noun wrote: Lol. Nobody. Just read this forum and look at Google map. There are some ponds south of third ave. Like A7. Water quality is not so great, but flat water you get!

Yeah, I remember reading about the 'A4 pond' and the 'A7 pond' - also did a little google mapping after reading this thread last night. Looks like I'll have to go for an adventure!