Kite Naked - August 1-5 - Sherman Island

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
kitenaked
Old School
Old School
Re: Kite Naked - August 1-5 - Sherman Island

Post by kitenaked » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:24 am

Some pics on Kite Naked Facebook page from the demo and mayhem of the last 5 days...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kite-Nake ... 553&type=1
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by etxxz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:05 am

We had a ridiculously awesome time again - thank Chris, MM & co for the demo gear, bbq, Guac & Ollie for the tunes + those that brought gear generators stand lights grill and stuff (i know the work involved) those that contributed in whatever way they could, even if in presence, joy and abiding by the code. The excess of wind was a cherry ontop, even the 11pm nuke sesh was tits - i could hear the music from the water idk if yall saw the Green Tron kite jaja

Till next time,

stewart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stewart » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Great Time! The Shinn's and Wainman combo were a blast. Loving my new Shinn board. Thanks Chris!

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Re: Re: Kite Naked - August 1-5 - Sherman Island

Post by kitenaked » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm

etxxz wrote:We had a ridiculously awesome time again - thank Chris, MM & co for the demo gear, bbq, Guac & Ollie for the tunes + those that brought gear generators stand lights grill and stuff (i know the work involved) those that contributed in whatever way they could, even if in presence, joy and abiding by the code. The excess of wind was a cherry ontop, even the 11pm nuke sesh was tits - i could hear the music from the water idk if yall saw the Green Tron kite jaja

Till next time,

We saw you out there. :)

There were a few nite-kitemares on Friday under the moon. Everyone is safe thankfully. I went swimming around midnight to help out a kiter. Maui Mike's keen night vision first spotted the guy.

Couple of people got dragged inside launching during the day...probably from launching a bit hot.

A good angle to launch may be where when the bar is out the kite luffs and when fully sheeted in will launch out of the launcher's hand slow and controlled. With cooperative weather anyhow...

Just remember a viable option to address excess power in a hot launch situation might be to let go of the bar. Unfortunately a few held on and got dragged. In most cases under these situations, many hold tight and some sheet in and pay for it... A few ejected safely. Pull a little trim line while on land as well if it is strong.

Launch was actually pretty well organized. Maybe there were less people kiting because of the conditions.

Wind was steroid infused on Saturday.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:02 pm

I agree, wind was strong Saturday for sure. I went out for about an hour on an 8m in 29 average. I came in and landed at lower launch, which was just to be safe...

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 pm

saturday was awesome - from start to the very very end - every little piece of it. Thanx guys for putting it all together. G