Breakins at TP

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
rvv
Regular
Regular
Breakins at TP

Post by rvv » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Beware!!! I know we are kiting in Oakland but yet again today at the same time 7-8pm approx. There was a car breakin at TP. THis time it was a wallet and laptop etc that was taken after the theives smashed the window. I plan to meet with the police and have them step up patrols at the beach. When we called them today they said there is nothing they could do but I have seen them respond to this spot before, not certain of the matter at the time just saw 3 cars there.

As a service to the community, I plan to hire a security gaurd service to patrol from 4-8pm days that we are there. I would also suggest that we work as a community to really lock down this spot as it would seem that these theives are set on preying on us and as such we need to be extra vigilant.

With 2 breakins this week already it would seem that they see an easy target and I think stepping up our community presence has also made this spot a target somewhat. Today there were at least 10 kiters and 3 windsurfers out and our 3 lesson students as well.

Any ideas and or help preserving our right to use this spot without fear of calamity would be greatly appreciated, the same goes for Emery. Perhaps not leaving any valuables in the car or bringing a friend to the beach to help patrol would also help.

This is where we can shine as a community...Thoughts...video cam taking down lic numbers of suspected odd cars out etc... I am feeling like it's time for WALKING TALL! Let's as a community really take back this beach! Apparently this has been going on all over the bay and used to be the thing at Alameda as well!:axe: :axe: :axe: :violence-ripper: :violence-ripper: :violence-sniperprone: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss:
Last edited by rvv on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Royce V
KGBswag

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Re: Breakins at TP

Post by kitenaked » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1339129790744.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1339129790744.jpg (81.89KiB)Viewed 4947 times

We will hang out and chase them down. Kite Naked Security Service.
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Chris we would love that well done!
Royce V
KGBswag

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 pm

This was on a different thread on Tuesday:

At 6pm or so one of my instructors said he was in the water and saw a car drive in park next to the victim. He then went about his lesson while other where kiting. When the vic landed he came to the lot to find his keys in the road and oakleys and Iphone in the car but his car ransacked (nothing taken) and his shorts and wallet gone. He had gone back for his board and forgot to lock up.
This type of sh#@ has happened to us all at some time and like Charlie says is nothing new. I propose that lets park nose to the fence from now on (kgb van included) and at very least we can self police visually! Some hot kiter betties in the lot or the beach wouldn't hurt as well

As far as I know it may or may not be related the hook line and stinkers?
Royce V
KGBswag

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:43 pm

This went on in the 80's when we windsurfed we started _to bring DOG'S. with us
Some on a long leash outside the vehicle
some inside the vehicle
in this day in age I'm surprised you can't figure out a way to hook up a video cam and just record the license plate as athey come in and out
Sorry to here this
also if your out sailing and see a car pulling in
COME BACK A SHORE AND CHECK IT OUT
I don't think its fishermen either more like junkies
Last edited by CdoG on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:43 pm

This really sucks. I went to Pt. Emery today and when I arrived, Emeryville PD was writing up a report on a girls car who got broken in to. Parked behind the shrubs and bushed toward the Pt. Emery parking area entry, where it is not uncommon to see broken glass as those cars tend to be more obscured for the dirtbag thieves to prey upon.

if possible, I have been going to the spots with my DL and $20, nothing more.

There have been breakins in the past at Alameda, Berkeley, Waddell, OB, and now TP. My best advice would be to do what you can to go kiting with the minimum. Try to leave the credit cards, cash and electronics elsewhere. Still no guarantee though... This is one things that sucks about kiting. I started riding MTB again and was getting ready to ride and remembered, "Oh, I can bring all these little things with me in my Camelback..."

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 pm

CdoG wrote:This went on in the 80's when we windsurfed we started _to bring DOG'S. with us
Some on a long leash outside the vehicle
some inside the vehicle
in this day in age I'm surprised you can't figure out a way to hook up a video cam and just record the license plate as athey come in and out
Sorry to here this
also if your out sailing and see a car pulling in
COME BACK A SHORE AND CHECK IT OUT
I don't think its fishermen either more like junkies
Yes, that's true too, if you're not too far out you will see people coming in and then it's worth a look. Ironic, isn't it, thousands of people stopping and driving by 50 feet away, but all they see is when the metering light turns green and VROOOM, they gun it and act like its a dragstrip to save 2 seconds on wherever they are driving too.

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:14 pm

I have reached out to a couple CHP and law enforcement professionals that are our clients and am waiting for a response. Maybe they have an Idea and yes Video is the way to go we will get that going asap! Tell all victems to file reports if possible, I bet $$ it is the same crooks. All last season not a single incident we need to do something fast!
We will not tolerate this BS! Hammer time in OAKTown!
Royce V
KGBswag

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:27 pm

was the car locked in this incidence?

rvv
Regular
Regular

Post by rvv » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 pm

stompdit wrote:was the car locked in this incidence?
First time the car was innadvertenly left unlocked and only the cash was taken, thank god(Tues 7pm)
2nd time the car was secured and a front door window was broken to gain access, most valuables where taken, kites were left! (Thurs. 6:30-8:00pm).
They are seemingly getting a bit more BRAZEN! ``

BTW Stomp...wanna help with the slider build this monday? Or anyone else? _+_+ II&& ))MM XX$$
Royce V
KGBswag