Toll PLaza Cleanup - Sat 5/19?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Toll PLaza Cleanup - Sat 5/19?

Post by Loscocco » Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm

nick_80044 wrote:(Note to first-time visitors: check the online map *very* carefully before going, the turn-off from W. Grand Ave. is easy to miss, and "u-turns" are lengthy affairs).

Damn, that's a $5 and 30 minute missed exit right? thanks to everyone who showed.

If you miss the exit, you end up circling back around to Emeryville on W. Grand Ave. No toll, but I ended up on the freeway and had to go all the way to the Ashby Ave. exit and then grind my way through all the lights and stops in Emeryville to get back to the bridge. The second time, I tried the "Buses Only" exit--wrong again, and this way you end up on the bridge with the $5 toll and a turn-around all the way down on Treasure Island. End result: a five-minute trip turned into forty.

Third time was the charm, though. 8)

Technically it wouldn't cost you $5 in toll because if you were accidentally in the BUSONLY lane then it would put you thru around the toll plazas and you would not have to pay toll but might get busted for driving in the BUS ONLY 24/7 lane. That would be what like a $350 ticket? But either way you would spend at least $5 in gas to get 50 feet to the other side of the fence for your session.
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

peta
Contributor
Contributor

Post by peta » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:23 pm

After the clean-up I contacted CALTRANS on their website to please come and pick up all the old tires we had taken out from the beach plus pick up the trash someone had just dumped at the beginning of the service road. They sent me a ticket number and then followed up when they closed the ticket. Great job and thanks to CALTRANS.

MJ0_

dealbst
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by dealbst » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 am

Hey TP Kiters,

Great job on the beach clean up--it really looks nice! =- I was out of town last weekend , but definitely would have been down.

I have had a chance to kite there once and have been skunked the last couple of days due to our typical bay wind scenario. :-k Non the less I had a back up plan that involved a cooler full of frosty ones SS$$ and a folding chair. )))

Great to meet the KGB crew yesterday and I'll be back as I work only 5min from there.

Yes, I too tried to get to the launch from some side streets in Emeryville and took the $5 excusion to Yerba Buena :arrow:

L8r,

-Steve XZSD