Toll PLaza Cleanup - Sat 5/19?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
nick_80044
Regular
Regular
Re: Toll PLaza Cleanup - Sat 5/19?

Post by nick_80044 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:18 pm

stompdit wrote:
nick_80044 wrote:(Note to first-time visitors: check the online map *very* carefully before going, the turn-off from W. Grand Ave. is easy to miss, and "u-turns" are lengthy affairs).
Damn, that's a $5 and 30 minute missed exit right? thanks to everyone who showed.
If you miss the exit, you end up circling back around to Emeryville on W. Grand Ave. No toll, but I ended up on the freeway and had to go all the way to the Ashby Ave. exit and then grind my way through all the lights and stops in Emeryville to get back to the bridge. The second time, I tried the "Buses Only" exit--wrong again, and this way you end up on the bridge with the $5 toll and a turn-around all the way down on Treasure Island. End result: a five-minute trip turned into forty.

Third time was the charm, though. 8)

spvone
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by spvone » Sat May 19, 2012 10:26 pm

You guys rock. Where to next?

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stompdit » Sat May 19, 2012 10:50 pm

hahaha, sorry, but i had a bit of a laugh at your expense. I actually did the same thing my first time and ended up looping back around on W. grand. Must have been brutal second time around when you realized you were taking the bridge.
nick_80044 wrote:
stompdit wrote:
nick_80044 wrote:(Note to first-time visitors: check the online map *very* carefully before going, the turn-off from W. Grand Ave. is easy to miss, and "u-turns" are lengthy affairs).
Damn, that's a $5 and 30 minute missed exit right? thanks to everyone who showed.
If you miss the exit, you end up circling back around to Emeryville on W. Grand Ave. No toll, but I ended up on the freeway and had to go all the way to the Ashby Ave. exit and then grind my way through all the lights and stops in Emeryville to get back to the bridge. The second time, I tried the "Buses Only" exit--wrong again, and this way you end up on the bridge with the $5 toll and a turn-around all the way down on Treasure Island. End result: a five-minute trip turned into forty.

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Sun May 20, 2012 12:40 am

Hahahahahahah!
nick_80044 wrote:

My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

sloughslut
Resident
Resident

Post by sloughslut » Sun May 20, 2012 9:08 am

I have been driving over that bridge 25 years and i cant figure it out !$*(
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.Now riding home made foils

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun May 20, 2012 9:32 am

Perhaps this launches population will be guided by Darwinism and the acumen and innate sense of direction in those who want to kite there.

I'm starting a new guide service and will be meeting clients in Emeryville and for $10 (per person, not per vehicle) I will lead a caravan of vehicles to the spot. II&&

peta
Contributor
Contributor

Post by peta » Sun May 20, 2012 11:20 am

And to increase your business from now on all of KGB student's can only be driven there blindfolded in the back of Royce,s van. Makes for the real KGB experience....hahahaha and you will then be able to drive them there in the future for 10 bucks....

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Sun May 20, 2012 1:04 pm

As tempting as it is to post a directional map right now - this spot strangely feels protected by the DOT right now and who am I to disrupt that

That is very cool that you all cleaned up the beach, environmental karma while out on the water +1 XZSD

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Sun May 20, 2012 3:31 pm

TP Crew:

Thanks a zillion for cleaning up the beach out there - much appreciated!

Kirk out

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Aloha wrote:As tempting as it is to post a directional map right now - this spot strangely feels protected by the DOT right now and who am I to disrupt that

That is very cool that you all cleaned up the beach, environmental karma while out on the water +1 XZSD

yeah good idea not to.
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com