Please verify your phone number is on your board!!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
lieutenantglorp
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Please verify your phone number is on your board!!!

Post by lieutenantglorp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:34 am

Even if you don't lose your board, you may forget it behind at the beach. Please make it EASY for anyone to return it to you, even fisherman and other clueless bay trail users that may not even know what it is. Someone left a board yesterday, but I could only make out 5-6 digits of the number sharpie markered onto the bottom. I recommend using a sharpie waterproof marker with this sticker placed on top of the board:
Sticker.JPG
Sticker.JPG (24.06KiB)Viewed 8250 times
I have a stack of these if anyone wants one - I will restock the bag at 3rd lower launch kite info sign. Also you can contact Pacific Area Public Affairs at 510-437-3375 or via email at uscgbluewater@uscg.mil and they can mail one to you.

Paddle Smart Identification Stickers
Last edited by lieutenantglorp on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The111
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Please verify your phone number is on your board!!!

Post by The111 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 am

Put a piece of packing tape over your writing (whether you write on the board directly or on a sticker), and your ink will stay good.

SFPete
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by SFPete » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:32 pm

These are all good ideas. How do you put your name and number on a harness? The cloth or neoprene doesn't want to take writing.

kenjidnb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kenjidnb » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:05 pm

You can use those brother laminated tapes that you find in offices. They stick well and they they don't wash away. I like it because I can use it on all my gear, as a plain sticker on my board or wrapped around one line on the bar and kite, wrapped around a hook on the harness...

The111
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by The111 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:21 am

SFPete wrote:These are all good ideas. How do you put your name and number on a harness? The cloth or neoprene doesn't want to take writing.
How do you lose a harness on the water?

kenjidnb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kenjidnb » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:42 am

I have seen forgotten (or abandoned) harnesses on the beach.
A long and wearying session could potentially make you forget things. I happened to forget my bar on the beach one day, I realized it a few hours later and fortunately it was still there when I went to look for it.

lieutenantglorp
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lieutenantglorp » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Just received more Paddle Smart Stickers. I live near 3rd so I will restock the bag behind the sign at end of parking lot near lower beach when I get a chance. Or PM me and you can get some directly from me.

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:55 am

CG makes Paddle Smart's avail for free too I think if you ever run out and need to get another batch. I've never seen anyone lose a harness on the water but I've definitely heard of harnesses walking away on the beach

NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:35 am

The111 wrote:Put a piece of packing tape over your writing (whether you write on the board directly or on a sticker), and your ink will stay good.
Or spray clear-coat over your number. Harness's have tags on the inside of them for a spot to put your name. Question is where to write you name on your kites? Will the ink fade or wash off if you write it on the canopy? A friend told me to put my initials on the inside struts of the kite in several spots, hidden spots, so if your gear gets stolen you can identify it possibly. I lost my surfboard at hood river and my number had worn off also... Camp host had it and was really cool but made me describe the board in detail to get it back.
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

mrnofear
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by mrnofear » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Thank You!! lieutenantglorp i'll be heading to 3rd this week to pick up a couple of those stickers for my gear.
Mike :clap:
KITES: Ozone C4 9m
KITES: North Rebel 9m & 11m
BOARDS: Nobile NHP & T5
WETSUIT: NPX Assassin
HARNESS: Naish Cartel