BAK Custom Clothing 2017: Changing Ponchos!

News Messages which are displayed on the mainpage.

Moderator: BayAreaKite

BAK Custom Clothing 2017: Changing Ponchos!

Postby BayAreaKite » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:02 am

Happy New Year kiters! This year, we’re going to kick off the annual BAK custom clothing order a little earlier. I’m super stoked to announce that the item will be custom changing ponchos! I’ve sourced two really nice options for us, and look forward to having them embroidered with the BAK logo of your choice. Oddly, there were very few choices in the US for custom changing robes. Most of the options come from the UK, likely due to the their cold weather and perhaps very expensive indecent exposure fines +*!@ So, we will be importing the two following styles for delivery this spring.

The Booicore changing towel is a lightweight, super absorbent, comfortable changing towel. It will keep you covered in the parking lot at 3rd, and warm between sessions at Sherman. And for the multi sport athletes, it’s perfect to leave in your car to change before bike rides or other activities. For most of us Bay Area Kiters, this is the ideal solution at a very reasonable cost. For the price of the 2017 Mystic Poncho (industry standard), you can get a 100% cotton terry cloth equivalent customized to your favorite launch. For more info on the Booicore changing towels, check our their website here: https://www.thebooicorestore.com/collections/outdoor-gear/products/the-booicore-outdoor-changing-towel-poncho-british-grey
Booicore_Sites.png
Booicore Changing Towel
Booicore_Sites.png (286.38 KiB) Viewed 2152 times

For the cold-weather kiters, we are offering the Dryrobe Advance. These are super popular among all water sport athletes, especially those in colder environments. Kite HMB a lot in the winter? Then the Dryrobe is for you. Get cold at the coast even in the summer? Stay warm with the Dryrobe. As with the Booicore, you can choose your desired back logo. However, note that the Dryrobe logo is standard, even on custom orders. Learn more about the Dryrobe here: http://www.dryrobeusa.com/collections/frontpage/products/dryrobe-advance-long-sleeve?variant=23143314309
DryRobeAdvance.png
DryRobe Advance
DryRobeAdvance.png (302.66 KiB) Viewed 2107 times

Orders this year will close by the end of March, as I need a little more time for international shipping and local embroidery. Unlike past years, there will be no residual inventory. Due to the higher cost, duties, and lower minimum order quantity, only going to import the pre-ordered items. So, don’t forget to place your order on the Portal Page if you’re interested! As always, let me know if you have any questions and thank you for supporting BAK!
BayAreaKite
Site Admin
Site Admin
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Re: BAK Custom Clothing 2017: Changing Ponchos!

Postby shred_da_gorge » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Forgive my ignance, but can you link to the Portal Page so I know I'm in the right place? Thx!
shred_da_gorge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby BayAreaKite » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Portal = Homepage, sorry for the confusion. Here's the link: http://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/forum/
BayAreaKite
Site Admin
Site Admin
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Postby shred_da_gorge » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Awesome, I see it now (usually bypass portal via direct URL, sorry). For clarity on the ordering options, I'm guessing each row of three logos corresponds to one of the choices in the pull-down? Gonna take a stab that the first one is "Coast", the reeds are "Sherman", 4th row is "3rd"... again, sorry for my ignance, haven't kited much around here for a while now.
shred_da_gorge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby BayAreaKite » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:31 pm

no problem, just updated the image to make it more clear. thanks for your interest! BAK
BayAreaKite
Site Admin
Site Admin
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Postby le noun » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:21 am

Nice Kyle! Those ponchos look sweet!
Kites: 2017 F-One Bandit: 8m. 2017 F-One Breeze 11m.
Board: 2015 F-One 5'10 Mitu Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Exoharness.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4/3 X10D
le noun
Old School
Old School

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Kyle you should also check out the Surf-fur Waterparka. Nice alternative to the Dryrobe, but it's the same price. They also have some other jackets and hoodies made with the same fabric.
https://www.surf-fur.com
Surf-fur is out of southern CA.
Yoda
Resident
Resident

Postby BayAreaKite » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Thanks Yoda, those are pretty sweet! I wonder why I wasn't finding them... maybe because I was searching for changing ponchos/towels and these are much more stylish jackets. I'm going to stick with the options I've already proofed, and maybe next year we can have a vote on the annual clothing item. I'm running short on ideas:)
BayAreaKite
Site Admin
Site Admin
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Postby BayAreaKite » Fri May 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Update: Picked up the robes today, they came out AMAZING! John at Stich Tech Designs in Santa Clara did an awesome job and turned them around quick. Please if you have any embroidery projects in the South Bay, go to him! In the meantime, I'll get these in the mail. I may have an extra so if you're interested, PM me for details. Thanks again! BAK
IMG_0139.JPG
coast
IMG_0139.JPG (7.06 MiB) Viewed 1429 times

IMG_0140.JPG
booicore
IMG_0140.JPG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1429 times
BayAreaKite
Site Admin
Site Admin
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Return to Website Terms, Conditions & News Mainpage