Damn Thieves!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Sandman_510
Contributor
Contributor
Damn Thieves!

Post by Sandman_510 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:26 am

Woke up with bad news this morning as my wife told me one of our cars was gone from in front of our house in West Berkeley...doubly bad as I forgot to take my kite gear out of the car last night...ugh...I'm pretty good at not leaving gear in car but forgot about it last night

Good news: we found car parked a block away with my board inside and 2/3 of my gear bags on a nearby lawn. Car seems fine, and got my 12m kite and wetsuit/harness bag back...
Bad news: my precious 10m Rally is gone ?#"_ and my name wasn't on kite...

So folks, if you see a 2011 Rally 10m, Orange, Black and White, for sell by some tweaker please give me a heads up on this forum...

Thx
Sander

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Re: Damn Thieves!

Post by CdoG » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:17 am

So sorry to hear this sander

androka
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by androka » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:52 am

Sander,

my stolen celeritas ended up in San Leandro, guy said he bought it at swap meet. If you have the time, it might be worth cruising the Oakland swap meet this weekend before the wind comes up.

maxsteamer
Regular
Regular

Post by maxsteamer » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:32 am

Hey Sander,

I just had my van stolen form my place on 07/21/14... in Alameda ..the van was found 2 days later on a freeway in Oakland..? I don't know if this is related but my best guess is it may be a local gang that has a connection to sell kite gear....my gear is listed on this same forum .. I think the poster who said to cruise the flea markets is a brilliant as I have heard that the police under cover do just that to find guns... if you do decide to hit these markets ...don't confront them best to take pic's /video and disappear until the cops get there...if you see your kite don't touch it as this will set off an alarm... trust me.. I have worded in law enforcement & it is not worth your life to try to get even. If you make a copy of my stuff off of this site .. there is a good chance that my gear will be there also .. this is because who ever this is they must know something about our sport to sell the gear as you and I know they knew what to take .. call me at..(510) 814-1074..cell (831) 247-3032.. maxsteamer1@ gmail.com. We have to stop these guys as the police are to busy these days with murder cases & trust me they don't give a rats ass about your contents...glad to hear you got most of your stuff back...but this also says that they picked out the best kite ? this means they knew what to take... in my case the Caution kites & directional board looked and is expensive this is no co -incidence. they know the sport.

Hang in there Sander... When we do find them we will post there picture right here.
http://www.cautionkites.com

Zombie
Spitfire
Trespass
DaKine
O'Neill

sanjose_kiter
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by sanjose_kiter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:13 pm

A friend of mine got his Best Breeze stolen out from his garage in Sunnyvale.
Please keep an eye open.

thanks
Alex
Attachments
best-breeze.jpg
best-breeze.jpg (242.81KiB)Viewed 4227 times

Sandman_510
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sandman_510 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:03 pm

I had some good karma come my way:

Leo hooked me up with a 10m kite he had kicking around his house. Thanks Leo! MJ0_

And another friend had a "Club" steering wheel lock to give me, so hopefully my car won't be as easy to steal.

Really grateful for the community I have around me including the kiting community here on BAK

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Great news, Sander! You're a good karma kinda guy!

Kirk out

sflinux
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by sflinux » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:59 am

That SUCKS Sander. Were the cops able to lift any prints? Sounds like they didn't start the car and just pushed it. You may want to consider a security camera pointed outside your house as a future deterrent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get the 10M Rally back.

sflinux
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by sflinux » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Sandman_510
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sandman_510 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 am

sflinux wrote:Looks more yellow than orange:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo/4638523254.html