Rapture 2 Reviews

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Rapture 2 Reviews

Post by OliverG » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:52 am

I'm bummed that we truly are at the very end of the season and will need to rely on frontal, storm and clearing winds for most of our kiting to be had until Spring arrives. There's lots of new kites out, but little opportunity to get out there and fly them on the water.

At any rate, as the new Rap2's are being delivered to different locations around the world, the reviews are starting to come in. We've got a 12m here and are looking forward to a 6.5, 9 and 16.5 making their way down soon, but for now if you're interested in checking them out, some of the reviews have been compiled and listed here:

Windwing Rapture 2 Reviews

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:00 pm

has anyone else taken these for a spin recently in good conditions? it does suck that companies release products when demo season is over.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:has anyone else taken these for a spin recently in good conditions? it does suck that companies release products when demo season is over.
Unfortunately, sessions are few and far between at the moment so demo opportunities are limited. Personally, all I want to do when a much anticipated session comes up is head out on what I'm dialed in on to maximize, well, everything really. I've had 3 sessions on the Rap2 12m so far and the first two were in somewhat light conditions, but the last one was in better winds and was pretty rewarding. It's very tunable and I got it with default settings right in the middle, so I changed the attachments for max turning speed for the next session so we'll see how it goes.

But you're right, it's a tough time to be evaluating new products...