It's whitecapping

Local weather resources and topics.
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:29 pm

I have to get it close to home in the dirt. I had way to much fun with the 2m. I even had a small lofting in a gust with the kite over my head. I tried to jump off my board once, and scared my self. At least 7 feet in the air about 30ft down wind on a 2m..... I'm 200lbs.
Dewey

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:41 pm

dewey, are you riding with any body armor, or just a helmet??

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: berkeley

Post by OliverG » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:43 pm

turtle wrote:I was out at Berkeley from 2-4 on a 12m well powerd.

And rob found and abandond fresh water turtle on the beach witch ollie rescued.

Also I thought I saw incredible mister limpet out there, this huge fish with big eyes surfaced in front of me and it did a double take of me and looked over its shoulder towards me before submerging again.
No Lie!!

Jeff
Yeah, Berkeley was great for a solid hour with plenty of strong wind. Flew a 14 and 12.

And some asshole left a freshwater turtle on the beach that Rob found. It was still alive so I brought it to the East Bay Vivarium a mile away or so and they took it. They said it's chances probably weren't that great as they like 100F heat and who knows how long it was out there. I guess I did my little part though...oh well....

kitekarl
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitekarl » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:07 pm

You think the turtle is bad. I was following a truck today and the guy kept looking back at his dog jumping up on his toolbox. Truck's going 50 and the dog jumps out. Guy looks back and doesn't even stop! I stopped traffic and got the dog in my car and luckily the only injury it had was a small abrasion over its eye. Took it to the animal shelter here in Lodi, had no collar. Wish I could have gotten a license plate number. I hope the guy gets his balls chewed off by a pitbull. :evil:

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:00 pm

jjm wrote:dewey, are you riding with any body armor, or just a helmet??
I keep forgeting to put the helmet in the car. A beanie and long sleeves and baggy jeans. I am not really jumping. I jumped off the board and just kept going up. I'm just cruising.
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:01 pm

Damn Karl, that is a lucky dog and an example of how lousy some people can be. Good for you bro, nice work. Hopefully the dog ends up with a better person, right?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:12 pm

kitekarl wrote:You think the turtle is bad. I was following a truck today and the guy kept looking back at his dog jumping up on his toolbox. Truck's going 50 and the dog jumps out. Guy looks back and doesn't even stop! I stopped traffic and got the dog in my car and luckily the only injury it had was a small abrasion over its eye. Took it to the animal shelter here in Lodi, had no collar. Wish I could have gotten a license plate number. I hope the guy gets his balls chewed off by a pitbull. :evil:
Karl are you living in Lodi now??
Dewey

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:13 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Damn Karl, that is a lucky dog and an example of how lousy some people can be. Good for you bro, nice work. Hopefully the dog ends up with a better person, right?
I would take him, but I just got my fourth dog!!
Dewey

kitekarl
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitekarl » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:17 pm

Yeah, been in Lodi for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately it shut down right when I got here but I'm itchin for snow. 4th dog Dewey? You starting an Iditarod team? That'd be a good sport for the off months.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:12 pm

My Jack Russel pulls like a whole team of dogs. He pulls me on my longboard. I think if I could teach the new dog to pull I'd be ripping around the hood.
Dewey