Non-profit Kitesurfing Club

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:59 pm

jstjohn3 wrote:I've got an old S&W 38caliber Hong Kong Police Special I'd be willing to "rent" for a couple hours. Just send me a PM! O:)
John,

Nice. I'll PM you if I, or anyone I know needs it for a "job". :-k

Sander

Post by Sander » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:48 pm

Another model for a club would be the Berkeley Hangliding Club. I am not sure how it is affiliated to the UC. But there the club owns gear and memberships costs 100 bucks/ year (anyone know the current price?), which includes all instruction and gear use.
Hangliders know all that sh*t about liability, safety, launch access, learning properly etc.

buckidge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Non-profit Kitesurfing Club

Post by buckidge » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Quite the old thread I found...
Did this ever happen? Sounds a lot like the University of Wisconsin Hoofer's Sailing Club, but they only did it for snow kiting (less liability)!
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are built for"

rvv
Regular
Regular

Re:

Post by rvv » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:47 am

Guest wrote:I am not a lawyer, but I never understand why those agreements that free someone from liability are never good enough. Same with kite rental. From what I understand liability is a big issue, and the agreement that says the renter accepts all liability is not good enough. If there was kite rental in the bay area I would have significantly less kites.
Emeryville based KGB Kiteboarding rents kites & boards etc. IKO cert is required and can be given on the day.
We have for years now taught Cal students and faculty and have mentioned starting a club on many occasions. From what I understand this needs to be organized by Active students. We would be happy to provide gear storage services and clinics, certifications, support ect for our cost(not profit) for the club. But we do not have the time to set up and administer the club.
We can cover all kiteboarding/rental/club activities under our comprehensive kiteboarding/business coverage (3 separate policies, well over 3k per year).
Get it going and contact us for support/hosting if you want it!
Get some!
Royce V
KGBswag