Kauai Lodging?

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Kauai Lodging?

Post by OliverG » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 am

Going to Kauai for a week in February and as much as North Shore/Hanalei is nice, leaning toward Poipu for nicer weather and less rain. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with somewhere they stayed at before I hit vrbo.com and maybe airbnb?

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Re: Kauai Lodging?

Post by WindMuch » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Ollie,

Chris Beech was just over there about a month ago. PM me if you don't have his contact info (he's not regularly logging in to BAK) and I'll put you in touch.

Kirk out

Ron
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Ron » Mon May 19, 2014 6:58 pm

How was your trip? I am looking at family vacations around April/May next year with friends - everyone surf and kite so we are wondering what's the best side of the island to do just that at that time of the year. North shore seems to make sense but i think the swell changes direction around that time of the year. Anyway, any recommendations for Kauai and maybe throwing some spots would be great! Thanks.

lolo1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lolo1 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:17 am

Ah yes Kiting Kauai and where to stay?
I personally like to be in Kapaa or Lihue as they are centrally located on the island.
Last time we went we stayed in Kalaheo at the inn. Nice and quite, kinda of a honeymooners spot.
Morning and evening showers, like being in old Hawaii Nei.
Hit the Vrbo early and work your best deal.
Aloha, Todd
Todd Davis