Season Opener?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Aloha
Old School
Old School
Season Opener?

Post by Aloha » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:56 am

It's a bit too early to say for sure - but I think opening weekend might be upon us.. I'm definitely excited to see all of my March - Sept friends again

WaPaH S*urf

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Re: Season Opener?

Post by WindMuch » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:18 am

Back in the days when I lived on the Great Highway and windsurfed OB, my mom's birthday (March 20th) was always the season opener. It seemed like it was ALWAYS windy on mom's birthday!

Good thing for me, she enjoyed visiting the Japanese tea gardens during the day while I sailed and then we'd go out to dinner after I was wasted from a several hour session. When developing and adjusting your water-during-the-day priorities, start with your mom! ;^)

Looks like Groundhog Phil just deemed it windy this weekend - or should I say "Punxsutawney Aloha"?
philcloseup.jpg
philcloseup.jpg (29.92KiB)Viewed 2990 times
Kirk out

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:04 pm

It sure felt a little bit like spring yesterday at third... SS$$
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

More Waves Please
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by More Waves Please » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Season opener? Where have you guys been? I have over 20 sessions in 2014 already, and I know I've missed a crapload of other days. If you haven't kited in a while, you haven't been looking very hard. Go get some tomorrow - it'll be windy somewhere!!

NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:11 pm

More Waves Please wrote:Season opener? Where have you guys been? I have over 20 sessions in 2014 already, and I know I've missed a crapload of other days. If you haven't kited in a while, you haven't been looking very hard. Go get some tomorrow - it'll be windy somewhere!!
That's impressive... I've kited zero days this year and am about to just go ahead and off myself.
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:22 pm

More Waves Please wrote:Season opener? Where have you guys been? I have over 20 sessions in 2014 already, and I know I've missed a crapload of other days. If you haven't kited in a while, you haven't been looking very hard. Go get some tomorrow - it'll be windy somewhere!!
+1
I was thinking the exact same thing. Since March 1st I've already kited 7 days. Since the turn of the new year I'm in over 20 days as well. I've been mixing it up between the coast and the valley. Kiting is dynamic and so are the "best" spots. Dedication (and a lax work schedule) has paid off! |}{+

kitet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitet » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 pm

What do you guys do for a living? How can you squeeze a session in the middle of the work week before the time change?

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:34 pm

kitet wrote:What do you guys do for a living? How can you squeeze a session in the middle of the work week before the time change?
I'm a prostitute. Keeps my daytime open for kiting.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 pm

You sound lucky enough to have easy access to some great spots and the flexible schedule needed to get wind through the winter just as I am very grateful to have the opportunity to kite year-round between the bay, and places far east and far west of here - but sessions scored for the year is not exactly what I meant

Season Opener as in warm sunny weekend weather in the bay area & spots full of familiar faces, kiting friends, and those new to the community that you don't get to see out on an empty random pro weekday on the coast }|&#

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

when did the season close?
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com