In Need of a Kite Car

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
Bryce
Contributor
Contributor
In Need of a Kite Car

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:27 pm

I am looking into buying a used car and wondering if by chance anyone on this forum is selling a kite friendly car. Looking for all wheel drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: In Need of a Kite Car

Post by Loscocco » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:36 pm

My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

demo243
Contributor
Contributor

Post by demo243 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Get yourself a Tacoma... Awesome trucks- if the gas milage isnt good enough find a used wagon

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:17 pm

You can make everything work. I had a 1978 Datsun 280z for the past couple of years. Was able to fit my TT, surfboard, 3 kites, harness, wetsuit and girlfriend in it.
With straps for board on the rooftop, was able to fit myself and a friend, 2 full quivers and 3 boards in it.
So I guest, what I'm trying to say is: just buy whatever you find and like. You can always make it work.
I did end up selling the Datsun for a Nissan cube 2 months ago: definitely more practical... Lo)%
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

xmayali
Joey
Joey

Post by xmayali » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:16 pm

I have a 1997 subaru impreza outback AWD for sale (cheap). It's got some oil leaks (don't they all), but I love that little car. Ping me if you're interested (xmayali at gmail)

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Subaru Imprezza WRX. 2008. 79000 miles. Has roof rack and lockable Yakima wide roof box. 5 speed. 24mpg. Also have some ski / snow board racks for it. $11,500
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 am

If you want all wheel drive, Subaru all the way. My friend is selling his forester some time in the next month or so to get a newer one. I think the info is something like: '01 or '02, 5-speed, black, great body condition, new clutch and a few other things he's replaced in the past few months but does have 200k+ miles. I drove it for him down from Tahoe last week and it runs and handles great! You could fit a ton of gear in that thing. Also has an '07 GMC canyon he's selling at the same time, but that's a truck and not all wheel.

PM me if you want more info and I can connect you two. I'd snag that WRX if you've got the money, such a fun ride, but certainly a tighter fit if you're thinking about packing a few people and their gear in it.
Sold all my gear; ebbs and flows; see you next season.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 pm

jwest21 wrote:If you want all wheel drive, Subaru all the way. My friend is selling his forester some time in the next month or so to get a newer one. I think the info is something like: '01 or '02, 5-speed, black, great body condition, new clutch and a few other things he's replaced in the past few months but does have 200k+ miles. I drove it for him down from Tahoe last week and it runs and handles great! You could fit a ton of gear in that thing. Also has an '07 GMC canyon he's selling at the same time, but that's a truck and not all wheel.

PM me if you want more info and I can connect you two. I'd snag that WRX if you've got the money, such a fun ride, but certainly a tighter fit if you're thinking about packing a few people and their gear in it.
Definitely fast and fun ride to any kite spot. :)

With the Yakima box up top, you can put all your gear in it. Surfboard, twintip and kites.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

Bryce
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:39 am

Really diggin all the responses here guys thanks! That WRX is a good deal but if I go that high in price I need to go through a dealership to finance. Hurting for cash right now after the move from Chicago. I am thinking something cheaper to get me by for 6-12 months. Definitively thinking a Subaru though...