Costa Rica

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
keithdkd
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Costa Rica

Post by keithdkd » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm planning on going to Costa Rica in March, and wonder if anyone else has been there? The two spots I keep hearing about are Bahia de Salinas and Lake Arenal.

I did find these old threads about Costa Rica on this forum (which I'll be reading):

https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/for ... ica#p79477

https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/for ... ica#p60829

and some older ones. Wondering if anyone is going this year, and/or have additional hints not already covered in those threads.

Ron
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Costa Rica

Post by Ron » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:41 am

I have been to Bahia Salinas at Blue Dream and it was a great trip. On my 7m everyday. The hotel is really laid back with kitesurfers from around the world so that's cool. If I was to go back to Costa Rica, I would search for a spot with waves but if this doesn't matter to you and you're happy with flat water, then go!

naters1308
Contributor
Contributor

Post by naters1308 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Go see Bob at Copal (Bahia de Salinas). Amazing spot!

http://site.kiteincostarica.com/

dz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by dz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:12 am

I'm in Bahia de Salinas, Bob has cabinas for rent at the point, there's nice view and you can walk to the beach.
One way to contact Bob is to message him thru facebook : "Cometa Copal"
They can arrange to taxi you here from closest the airport, Liberia (approx 1.5hours drive).

& I believe there's space at "Kitehouse" & "Blue Dream Hotel" now (as the busy time is over). These are the main places for kiters to stay.
Free your mind and your azz will follow. GC

Kiteboardertony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kiteboardertony » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:59 pm

I just returned from a month at lake Arenal, and it was awesome! I kited 28/30 days and only missed 2 to rest or because it was blowing 40-50+mph a few days... I would recommend going to both Copal and Arenal just to make it more interesting. The lake is perfect temp, constant wind (20+ everyday) and as beautiful of a backdrop as you will ever get, only thing missing is all the stinging, spikey and/or poisonous creatures you have at Copal! Check out Hotel Minoa and its in-house micro brewery, great food and accomodations, full size cement skate park and awesome staff too.....pura vida!

keithdkd
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by keithdkd » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded. I had a great trip, and would be happy to share my learnings with anyone thinking of going to CR.

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:15 am

keithdkd wrote:Thanks to everyone who responded. I had a great trip, and would be happy to share my learnings with anyone thinking of going to CR.
Yes please! I'm sure others will search and find this thread in the future and it would benefit everyone if you'd be willing to share your experiences.

Thanks!

Kirk out