Wind in Alameda

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Aloha
Old School
Old School
Re: Wind in Alameda

Post by Aloha » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:47 pm

jjm's post really nails it - as you're learning March/April in Alameda will be a great starting point.. Then with 1-2 seasons under your belt, the right equipment, dedication and level of desperation you'll learn to score sessions here and there all year round XZSD

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 pm

jjm wrote: If you're really windhorny, look into traveling (Baja, etc) or maybe Utah for some snowkiting (no snow in Tahoe!)
Yeah, just don't tell Thor29 you're traveling... ;^)

(wow, was that flamebait or what?!)

Kirk out

Ron
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Ron » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 am

Winter is best for surfing or SUPing. The wind has been extremely rare in Alameda this winter and died pretty quickly on those rare occasions. Just be patient and plan to book all your weekends for kiting this spring/summer and leave work early during the week! Use the down time to socialize the upcoming season with your GF/friends cause they wont see you much then...unless they kite!

we may have 1% of the forum being 1%ters. The entry ticket is $350,000 per year so it's quite expensive, even for kitesurfers...

Aloha
Old School
Old School

Post by Aloha » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 am

This has also been the most epic biking winter in the last few years that I've lived here. Incredible December / January

drroc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by drroc » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:15 am

Aloha wrote:This has also been the most epic biking winter in the last few years that I've lived here. Incredible December / January
Indeed. Due to the lack of storms I am now considering a full suspension rig. Its insane how much nice bikes cost these days compared to when I got into mtbing (2000).