Retailer Ethics

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
Yoda
Resident
Resident
Retailer Ethics

Post by Yoda » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:28 am

I see there's a specific kite retailer that's using BAK and other forums to sell "new" kite equipment. Seems odd that BAK or any other site would allow this unless that retailer is also a sponsor of the website. I see nothing wrong with an authorized retailer selling used or demo gear, but for them to be using someone else's forum to sell brand new equipment seems out of line. Most kite manufactures even have dealer agreements that mandate that retailers can't sell via a third party. They need to be investing and utilizing their own resources to sell their products, not someone else's.

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Re: Retailer Ethics

Post by kitenaked » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 pm

I am not sure if it walks the path of ethics, but it is pushes all local individuals / shops / suppliers gear posts further down the ladder...

seems excessive. Maybe suggest they put a bunch of stuff on an industry Forum post?
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:20 am

Thanks for bringing this to the foreground Mark & Chris. In the future, PM or email me if you see stuff here on BAK that seems inappropriate.

Let me chat with Ollie about it.

Stand by...

Kirk out

kitezombies
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kitezombies » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 am

I was just about to post a sale in the Soapbox but saw this and would like clarification. I assume you are referring to someone posting commercial in other sections of the BAK forums other than the Soapbox, which would obviously be wrong. Have the rules for commercial posts and new equipment in the Industry Soapbox changed? Just trying to remain one of the good guys ;-)

"Please make all commercial postings here. Shops post all of your sales, specials, announcements. Industry folks can announce new products, press releases, etc.. This forum was created to keep commercial talk off the other forums. Thank you!"

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Post away in the Industry Soapbox. The previous conversation is/was related to the Buy/Sell section.

Thanks for checking!

Kirk out