Selecting Beginner Gear...

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
kitenaked
Old School
Old School
Selecting Beginner Gear...

Post by kitenaked » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:39 pm

buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=1946

If you are going to buy your first gear setup from a private party, I would suggest you talk to one of the shops for some advice on the specific equipment being sold. The above link is for gear being sold here on BAK. The kite and bar are 10 years old and probably very unsafe for first timers or as a great beginner. Not trying to hurt the seller by any means, but it is portrayed that it is a great beginner setup when it is NOT.

The other items besides the kite are probably useful...
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

le noun
Old School
Old School

Re: Selecting Beginner Gear...

Post by le noun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:13 am

WTF?! >K($
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

kite-uk
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kite-uk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:46 am

that lot makes for a great wind breaker or a shade tent!!!! but not a lot else.

I have an old airush Pro Lift from 2004 16m even I have been putting off having another go on it again ! the hint is the oo** " Lift " oo** part of the name! LOL

But we get the same here in the UK.. some older stuff is ok Best Waroo's etc but not a lot else. I noticed alot of older Waroo's for sale on ebay in the USA.. big momma's too! 15m 16m 17 and even 21m !!! I have never seen a Best Waroo in the UK or Europe bigger than 13m! and they hold money looking at what they sell for!

dwaynej
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by dwaynej » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:20 am

Sad to say there are even retail stores selling old/unsafe gear at ridiculous prices. Some of this stuff just needs to be shredded. Hang Gliding/Paragliding also sees this issue.

kite-uk
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kite-uk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:27 am

some one on ebay had a brand new Best Nemesis 15m from like 2006 I think it was in the US it still sold for £250 ! about $400 and why would you have a brand new still wrapped kite!