Training kite @ sherman

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
Jamo04AT
Contributor
Contributor
Training kite @ sherman

Post by Jamo04AT » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Got a trainer that launches and lands like a real kite, wanted to play with it locally , I see there will be some wind this Sunday, where is a good place to launch with a trainer without getting in people's way?

dwaynej
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Training kite @ sherman

Post by dwaynej » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Just about any area such as a park or beach away from people. Technically, an offshore wind beach would be great since you are not actually kiting it. I flew a trainer for years and their lines are shorter than the big kites so you just need an open area and not that much room.

androka
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by androka » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Jamo04AT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jamo04AT » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 am

Sorry I was unclear , what I meant was I live close to sherman island and wanted to fly my SLE trainer kite there, but don't want to get in the way of kiters. Once I launch I know I can fly anywhere away from launch area