insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!

Moderators: BayAreaKite, WindMuch

insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby jansch » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Did anyone ever hear of an insurance for your kites-surfing equipment?

A buddy of mine from UK just found one but it only covers the equipment if it is at least 50% of the year in UK.

Is there any insurance company for US?
jansch
Joey
Joey
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:04 am

Postby Rob » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:39 am

OMG
Rob
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby mbzporvida » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:06 am

9mm
Another trip around the sun ?
User avatar
mbzporvida
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:23 pm

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby OliverG » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:01 am

jansch wrote:Did anyone ever hear of an insurance for your kites-surfing equipment?

A buddy of mine from UK just found one but it only covers the equipment if it is at least 50% of the year in UK.

Is there any insurance company for US?


No way around it, you have to spend at least 50% of the year in the UK.
User avatar
OliverG
Site Admin
Site Admin
SFBA Member
SFBA Member
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:03 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby schwede » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:50 am

I will sell you some Kitesurf equipment Insurance! How much money you got?
schwede
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby NCKite_Ryder » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 am

I don't launch people without kites-surfing insurance
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -
User avatar
NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 am

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby le noun » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:53 am

NCKite_Ryder wrote:I don't launch people without kites-surfing insurance

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D>
Kites: 2014 F-One Bandit VII: 12m, 10m and 8m. All pink/blue.
Board: 2014 F-One Spicy & 5'6 Fish.
Harness: Manera Exoharness.
Wetsuit: Underwave Sultan shortleg 4/3.
User avatar
le noun
Old School
Old School
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 am

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby Sonny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:09 am

It's called renters insurance or homeowner's insurance, depending on if you are renting or own a home.
User avatar
Sonny
Resident
Resident
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:18 am
Location: Foster City

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby guidoz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Sonny wrote:It's called renters insurance or homeowner's insurance, depending on if you are renting or own a home.


that will only insure your kites if they are at home right? For lack of a better example... if your car is on the beach and burns down with your kites, that will not be covered right?

don't know... the renters/home insurance is probably good enough though...
User avatar
guidoz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:34 am
Location: San Mateo

Re: insurance for kite-surfing equipment?

Postby g00mbs » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:53 am

guidoz wrote:
Sonny wrote:It's called renters insurance or homeowner's insurance, depending on if you are renting or own a home.


that will only insure your kites if they are at home right? For lack of a better example... if your car is on the beach and burns down with your kites, that will not be covered right?

don't know... the renters/home insurance is probably good enough though...


Renters insurance covers all of your belongings. At least that is my understanding.

For instance, if you lose or break your DSLR, that is covered by insurance. Or if your DSLR is stolen out of your car. Your car insurance will not cover it but your home/renters will. Just need to make sure you have the correct coverage $$$.
g00mbs
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Next

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests