Heart Breaking news Stolen trailer with 14 SUP boards

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
ino
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Heart Breaking news Stolen trailer with 14 SUP boards

Post by ino » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 am

Dear Friends and Family. I'm sure most of you know TJ and the amazing guy that he is. He needs no introduction, he loves the ocean and is a good man of service and compassion. He had a SUP school(pure water sports) that he has build up with honest hard earned money and bought a trailer and boards and was giving the nicest the most affordable lessons and rentals in the bay Area. I was also very happily helping him out with lessons. Long story short for winter we found a spot to park our trailer with all the gear in it by the boat launch in Alameda. By encinal highschol. Yesterday when I came to check on the trailer it was missing. With all the locks broken. Did the police report etc. But pretty sure they re as clueless as it gets. There was approx 20K worth of gear in it and the 12 ft 2 year old trailer. Some of the boards were. A few RRD inflatable and solid SUP's mostly whşte and grey. SUP ATX boards both inflatable and solid. Blue ,Red and Orange in color. around 14 paddles mostly carbon ,sup atx. Life jackets grey and blue. Wetsuits with no arms kayak style mostly red and black. And the trailer was easy to find 12 ft white .has a small but visible hit I believe on its left side close to the tire. ofcourse a broken door handle etc. please keep an eye out. maybe we get these guys.

purewatersports
Joey
Joey

Re: Heart Breaking news Stolen trailer with 14 SUP boards

Post by purewatersports » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:37 pm

thanks for your kind words and posting this for me. I really appreciate it. If anyone helps find any RRD Sup boards, or SUP Atx boards and paddles please let us know. You can email us at: purewatersports@yahoo.com Thanks so much and wish us luck.

trying to uploead pics but not working out so far. here is a quick list:
Our 12' white cargo trailer full of all of our stand up paddle boarding boards, paddles, life vests, and wetsuits was stolen from Alameda (Encinal Boat Ramp) this week. Cash Reward for anyone who can help us find it.

These are not a common brand of boards and paddles so they should stand out. If you see or hear of people trying to sell boards/ gear that fit this description please let us know:

a. SUP Atx boards: red, orange hard boards, and a green yoga board. mostly about 11' long
b. SUP Atx - blue and white inflatable paddle boards. about 10'-6" long
c. RRD - red and white inflatable paddle boards about 10'-6" long
d. black and white RRD brand paddle boards. 11' long.
e. several carbon fiber adjustable paddles by SUP Atx and some by Xpaddles.
f. plus several wetsuits and life vests - including 6 ea. expensive black Mystic brand wakeboarding life vests.
Last edited by purewatersports on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 pm

No way somebody can sell 14 SUPs without getting the attention of the community.
Which makes me think that like any other car theft, they were after the van, not the goods in it. I hope they're not gonna dump those in the middle if the desert. JQI*
Hope we can catch those a-holes.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Oh, man... Sorry TJ!

We'll keep our eyes peeled...

Kirk out

purewatersports
Joey
Joey

Post by purewatersports » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:16 am

thxs so much yall. let's keep our eyes peeled. I going to the flea market in oaktown today to check for people selling boards. fingers crossed. hopefully I don't get fleas

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:30 am

Teej,

Put up some pictures of your trailer and/or boards here on BAK so we all know what we're looking for out there.

(let me know if you need help posting pics here. Hint: use the "Upload Attachment" tab way down at the bottom of the page).

Kirk out

purewatersports
Joey
Joey

Post by purewatersports » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:58 am

(edit) Here are some images of some of the stolen boards:
IMG_3503.jpg
IMG_3503.jpg (218.44KiB)Viewed 6694 times
IMG_3664.jpg
IMG_3664.jpg (269.56KiB)Viewed 6694 times
IMG_3673.jpg
IMG_3673.jpg (289.36KiB)Viewed 6694 times

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 pm

And here are some images of TJ's trailer (before the RRD and Mystic logos and stickers were applied. TJ says:

"only difference is that it now had a large circular RRD logo and a large Mystic logo - both on the curved fron of the trailer facing the car:
DSCN0661.jpg
DSCN0661.jpg (152.78KiB)Viewed 6694 times
DSCN0695.jpg
DSCN0695.jpg (171.72KiB)Viewed 6694 times
DSCN0718.jpg
DSCN0718.jpg (90.83KiB)Viewed 6694 times