Best value action camera for kitesurfing

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
yojimbo
Regular
Regular
Best value action camera for kitesurfing

Post by yojimbo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:33 am

Looking for input before I pull the trigger. Taking into account image quality, ease of editing video and price. Will be mounting on lines. I have a PC and access to a Mac for editing.

shred_da_gorge
Regular
Regular

Re: Best value action camera for kitesurfing

Post by shred_da_gorge » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:42 pm

A friend from GoPro just invited me to their new product release party on 10/3, so there's more coming down the pipeline (in time for holidays I imagine). Garmin just entered the market too, interestingly with some ANT+ capabilities I had proposed to Contour (who I hear folded) and Oregon Scientific years ago. I'm still waiting too but leaning toward the Garmin more for bike stuff. For kiting search threads on nwkite.com - lots of tips from experienced videographers there on line setup, etc.

biba
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by biba » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:54 am

Hands down GoPro. If you are good at it, get the center line attachment (pray they don't twist or you need a QR), LEI mount and also the GoPole to shoot yourself as you ride and brag about it :).

BryanMichaelMeyer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by BryanMichaelMeyer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 am

I have a gopro(last model) with all the accessories for mounting on a kite strut. It comes with memory cards and extra batteries and a bunch of stuff. I will sell for cheap since I never use it.

pm me.

Bryan