Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
shred_da_gorge
Regular
Regular
Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Post by shred_da_gorge » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 pm

zgur wrote:Hello, shred_da_gorge....you are leaving out the miles of driving/wind chasing that you have to do to connect all those spots....Adam is talking about his "I won the lottery and have F you money" improvement plan - for a single location

Get sum, Z
??

They're all within a few miles of each other, but they raised the toll to $1 now.

Now Rufus and Roosevelt, that's another story... S*urf

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Aloha wrote:We're coming on August 1st here so it's just about time for the annual holy shit Sherman is getting over-crowded thread anyhow
Tis' the season.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:11 am

FYI I'm not dissing surfboards. I am falling in love with mine more and more. But the fact is that it is no more predictable than chasing after a rolling football. You just have no idea when they will swoop around. Just saying that if you are gonna throw your kite hard the other way to get some spray, keep in mind there might be me 30'' above you, Chris losing his kite in the bushes, Ovi making sure no one can get through his impenetrable Cabrinha force field and a windsurfer going Mach 3 just to get his point across that they can sail close to the beach too. Difference IMHO is that only the surfboard is unpredictable in its direction. Just keep it in mind. Use your rear view mirror.

Or we can put buoys back up and all kite so far out no one can see us but the monster sturgeon. What fun would that be?
"Rant"

Rob
Regular
Regular

Post by Rob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 am

Kirk do your duties. And kill this thread.

Ill make you a chicken quesadilla

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re:

Post by etxxz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:33 am

Rob wrote:Kirk do your duties. And kill this thread.
seriously.

+1.

and ban the OP `` apparently he's canadian AND a windsurfer too.

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Re:

Post by WindMuch » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:16 am

Rob wrote:Kirk do your duties. And kill this thread.

Ill make you a chicken quesadilla
No way - it's way too fun to sit back and see this unfold!

But if you look at this from the perspective of a non-wind junkie onlooker, I'd think they'd say something like:

"Really? You mean to tell me that all those people who are out there enjoying all this wind and MILES of river, can't figure out a way to not land on each other on their twin-tips or turn into each other with their surfboards? Really? Boy, life must be tough if that's what you're choosing to bitch about."

Not that I'd share that opinion, but *someone*, somewhere, might...

Kirk in

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Re:

Post by MehYam » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:21 pm

WindMuch wrote:"Really? You mean to tell me that all those people who are out there enjoying all this wind and MILES of river, can't figure out a way to not land on each other on their twin-tips or turn into each other with their surfboards? Really? Boy, life must be tough if that's what you're choosing to bitch about."
"Really? You mean to tell me that all those people who are out there enjoying all these waves, can't figure out a way to not surf together without territoriality? Really? Boy, life must be tough if that's what you're choosing to bitch about."

"Really? You mean to tell me that all those people who are out there enjoying all this snow and MILES of slopes, can't figure out a way snowboard and ski together without pissing each other off? Really? Boy, life must be tough if that's what you're choosing to bitch about."

"Really? You mean to tell me that all those people who are out there enjoying all these MILES of trails and wilderness, can't figure out a way to share a park between horses, bikers, hikers, and dog walkers? Really? Boy, life must be tough if that's what you're choosing to bitch about."

"Really? You mean to tell me that all those people who are out there enjoying all this essentially limitless bandwidth and the wonder of internet connectivity, can't figure out a way to have simple chats online without pissing on each other and invoking Hitler comparisons? Really? Boy, life must be tough if that's what you're choosing to bitch about."

Human nature! Kite to avoid it, kite to encounter it.

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Exactly.

"Too many rats, not enough cheese…"

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:42 am

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."