Kite Van and Kite Gear Stolen

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
KiteRacer
Joey
Joey

Post by KiteRacer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Last night my red GMC Safari van was stolen from outside my apartment in Presidio Heights in SF. If people can keep their eyes out for any of the following items around the community I’d appreciate help trying to locate any of it! The big ticket items are:

2 MikesLab raceboards (one custom and one Cobra)
10 Ozone Edge 2013 kites – some are my custom SVB kites (SVB and HEINEKENRACING is stitched into them), others are the standard 2013 models, one is a logoed America’s Cup kite (only 4 were ever made)
2 Ozone Catalysts 6m and 8m 2013
3 sets of Tectonics Race fins
1 Cabrinha twintip and 1 Cabrinha skillit surfboard

and sooooo much more...!

email me erikaheineken@gmail.com

Thanks! Erika
Attachments
van.JPG
The last time the van got towed...
van.JPG (158.37KiB)Viewed 5122 times
SVB kites.PNG
the custom kites
SVB kites.PNG (384.59KiB)Viewed 5122 times
custom board and board bag.JPG
the love of my life
custom board and board bag.JPG (204.71KiB)Viewed 5122 times
van and S8.JPG
try to focus on the van's stickers (not jimmy's S8)
van and S8.JPG (315.05KiB)Viewed 5122 times
G permit & license plate number.JPG
G permit & license plate number.JPG (203.53KiB)Viewed 5122 times

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Post by sc-surfer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:37 pm

That is such a bummer. I'm sorry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:00 am

Uggggg... Everyone keep our eyes peeled for Erica's stuff.

So sorry!

Kirk out

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:01 am

Sorry... Erika, not Erica.

turbinedude
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Kite Van and Kite Gear Stolen

Post by turbinedude » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 pm

This super lame.
Having the kites in the car in car is the next best thing to having a locator in it.
If any one puts any of those kites in the air the will literally be flagging themselves out.
It would be very helpful if you posting some sketches or pictures with captions.
Hopefully you get everything back asap, but I would remain confident that eventually a lead will come up.

Someone just stole the most obvious looking green Zig fish style skate board from my car at Sherman last weekend. It has black grip tape cut out in grids so you can see the original green board on top. Then green and black checkers on the bottom.

We really need to catch someone with this obvious crap. Should we start putting transmitters on stupid crap like old boards and kites? Such a shame to add an extra ounce to a kite where every ounce counts.

I hate thieves and malicious hackers. I am trying to figure out the best keys to cement glue Internet thieves fingers to? You could then lock the computer to a desk and put a dog bowl full of catmix and a cut in half milk gallon full of water on the desk too. Add in a nice leather chair with a hold drilled in the bottom to cement glue their ass too and finish it off with pig-cloth underneath for sanitary purposes.
O yeah you could put programmed box containing solvent that will open after the hacker types uses 10 keys to transfer every last cent they fraudulated to charity. (Toes are optional)

It would very interesting to know what would happen if religious extremists created a self-aware, learning, and adapting program that gain access to all of the NSA mainframes.
Dredge bot?

Crap I am going to turn Amish now! I believe the Amish would approve of kite technology? Strings?

yojimbo
Regular
Regular

Post by yojimbo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:48 pm

I think it must be impossible to sell stolen kite equipment. My bigger concern is that they end up destroying it in order to get rid of any evidence of the theft.

I just pre-ordered this item: http://www.thetileapp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqDm3gZNZPM[/video]

I got it for my dog, but I'm thinking I should get an extra and hide deep in one of my kite bags

zgur
Resident
Resident

Post by zgur » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:54 am

I had my truck stolen from my home in Oakland about 10 years ago. the back was filled with kite equipment, windsurfing stuff and ski equipment (it was spring). My insurance claim for the sport gear was more than the F250 super duty with diesel, crew cab....OPD found my sport equipment trashed in a dumpster....they just want the car and the other stuff is most likely sitting in a bottom of a dumpster somewhere.

There are people in this world that are simply fucktards....they are the same ones who use beaches as ash trays.

Good luck getting your stuff back.

Get sum, Z

turbinedude
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by turbinedude » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:21 pm

The Tile looks like a practical device for everyday people.
I was thinking something more along the lines of something that bounces back sonic pulses to trained dolphin, Orcas, and bats.

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 am

Erika - any updates on your gear and/or van? I sure hope *some* of your stuff is starting to find its way back to you...

Kirk out

Sonny
Resident
Resident

Post by Sonny » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:07 am

WindMuch wrote:Erika - any updates on your gear and/or van? I sure hope *some* of your stuff is starting to find its way back to you...

Kirk out
She got the van back but it was empty.
Sonny
3rd AVE Kite Repair
sonny@kite3rd.com
http://www.kite3rd.com