Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!

Moderators: BayAreaKite, WindMuch

Re:

Postby Loscocco » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Rob wrote:Please kill this thread.!


+1
My Photography ==> http://www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: 2014 Razor
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: 5' 7" Surf, Spotz Hydrofoil
Wetsuit:Hyperflex: AMP 5/3MM Fullsuit
Harness:Ocean Rodeo: Sessions2
User avatar
Loscocco
Old School
Old School
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:08 pm
Location: San Francisco California

Re: Re:

Postby sloughslut » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Loscocco wrote:
Rob wrote:Please kill this thread.!


+1



+1
Riding used and closeout kites and boards from e-bay,craigslist,ikitesurf, and local surf shops.
User avatar
sloughslut
Resident
Resident
RVWA/SIKO Member
RVWA/SIKO Member
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Benicia

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Postby amir » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Hell yeah sherman needs an upgrade... kite caddies, taco bar, latte stand, beer faucet, siesta hammocks... :dance:
amir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Postby Greg » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:36 am

amir wrote:Hell yeah sherman needs an upgrade... kite caddies, taco bar, latte stand, beer faucet, siesta hammocks... :dance:


I've got all that parked over at the marina.. it's called a 5th wheel and jetski %$

BTW: CROWN BEACH , ALAMEDA IS THE BEST BEACH TO LEARN ON/OFF OF..........
AND THEY ARE GOING TO BE PUMPING IN 90,000 CUBIC TONS OF NEW SAND STARTING IN SEPTEMBER,.... ENJOY!!!

note: I KK(( CAP LOCK, but I'm more then willing to take the lock off my capper of you stand in my way too long---



L.M.G.

OK Ollie; now you can kill this thread MJ0_
Greg
Old School
Old School
 
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:45 pm

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:19 pm

RIP
Rob
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Postby adamrod » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:39 am

i'm confused. I thought this thread was about "upgrading" sherman. not "improve sherman logistics". The logistics are fine...but if we're talking about upgrading:

1. create a giant, mile long island upwind with epic butter.
2. build several kickers and sliders
3. add cable park for no wind days
4. narrow the channel at a single point to increase the size of the swells for the folks who ride their surfboards

now THAT would be an upgrade!
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets
User avatar
adamrod
Old School
Old School
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:35 pm
Location: SF

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Postby shred_da_gorge » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 am

adamrod wrote:i'm confused. I thought this thread was about "upgrading" sherman. not "improve sherman logistics". The logistics are fine...but if we're talking about upgrading:

1. create a giant, mile long island upwind with epic butter.
2. build several kickers and sliders
3. add cable park for no wind days
4. narrow the channel at a single point to increase the size of the swells for the folks who ride their surfboards

now THAT would be an upgrade!

Sounds like Wells Island, the Marina, the proposal for the old Nichols Boatworks, and the mouth of the White Salmon (and/or Rufus). Oh sorry... wrong state. ;-)
shred_da_gorge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Postby zgur » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Hello, shred_da_gorge....you are leaving out the miles of driving/wind chasing that you have to do to connect all those spots....Adam is talking about his "I won the lottery and have F you money" improvement plan - for a single location

Get sum, Z
zgur
Resident
Resident
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Santa Cruz

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Postby siguy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 am

There is no lottery jackpot big enough to give you "F you money" in this situation. This piece of land is owned by the State of California and is part of a Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Area. It is leased, with substantial restrictions, to the County of Sacramento to run the park. The money for the upgrades to the boat launch, parking lots and "perma-potties"--which occurred, as I recall, around 2000--came, substantially, from boat registrations and fishing and hunting licenses. These guys paid for it and they use it; the back parking lot fills up with pickups and boat trailers by about 7 am most fall and winter mornings.
siguy
Joey
Joey
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Should Sherman Be Upgraded?

Postby windstoked » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 pm

siguy wrote:There is no lottery jackpot big enough to give you "F you money" in this situation. This piece of land is owned by the State of California and is part of a Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Area. It is leased, with substantial restrictions, to the County of Sacramento to run the park. The money for the upgrades to the boat launch, parking lots and "perma-potties"--which occurred, as I recall, around 2000--came, substantially, from boat registrations and fishing and hunting licenses. These guys paid for it and they use it; the back parking lot fills up with pickups and boat trailers by about 7 am most fall and winter mornings.

Thanks for your input, Siguy.
We should work with the Department of Fish and Game then, as that seems to be what works for the boat hunters and fishermen.
Perhaps we could all buy hunting licenses, and create a Kite Hunting season. It would last from May to September, before regular hunting season sort of like bow hunting for deer. Even if we don’t get any ducks with our kites, it would still fit within the DFG’s statutory mandate to provide access facilities for hunters.
As a friend of mine that works for the DFG legal division says, all it has to do is pass the laugh test.
windstoked
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 8:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests